1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Overrun and swiftstride - need clarification

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Pinktaco, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Pinktaco Vessel of the Old Ones Staff Member

The book clearly states 2D6, but also that an overrun is essentially a special persuit move and thus some of the rules applied to persuit are also applied to overrun. Is swiftstride included here?

I've googled around and checked to book, but I'm guessing the answer is yes you can use 3D6 when you have the swiftstride rule and is overrunning. I just need to be sure :)

2. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

I've always played it that swiftstride applied to an overrun. As you stated, an overrun is a special pursuit move and swiftstride applies to pursuit moves.

Pinktaco likes this.
  3. Qupakoco
    Skink Chief

Qupakoco Keeper of the Dice Staff Member

I don't know if I agree with that. With that logic, Saurus would have to overrun since it's just a special pursuit move and they can't restrain pursuit. That tells me one or both of those interpretations are incorrect.

Maybe I'm just being difficult?

4. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

I disagree. Predatory fighter only prevents you from testing to restrain pursuit. When an opposing unit is completely wiped out, the winning side automatically restrains pursuit as per page 53 of the BRB. Since the unit does not need to test to restrain pursuit, it is not in violation of the predatory fighter rule and thus does not need to overrun.

n810 and Qupakoco like this.
  5. Qupakoco
    Skink Chief

Qupakoco Keeper of the Dice Staff Member

What he said.