1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog Pahuax Temple-city of Ash

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by Aunshi, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Aunshi
    Skink

Aunshi New Member

Hey, I am one of wfb world. My army theme is inspired by fluff temple city Pahuax. I developed its story for purposes of my coloring my models. Skinks, saurus and kroxigors are grey and monsters and beast are in fire colors (yellow, red, blue, orange).

2. Aunshi
    Skink

Aunshi New Member

Eh, can someone recommend me some www site for posting a pictures? ;)
    Thank you

3. Qupakoco
    Skink Chief

Qupakoco Keeper of the Dice Staff Member

Photobucket and imgur are both good. I know on Photobucket you can edit the pics after you upload them, so that's helpful. Not sure about imgur but I think it runs a bit faster.

Looking forward to the army!

4. Aunshi
    Skink

Aunshi New Member

Thanks IJ and Qupakoco, I am totally out of cps.
    This is my fluff:
    Pahuax , now called The Temple-City of Ash, was nearly destoyed after great catastrophe of Chaos Wars. It was empty for thousands and thousands years. Surrounding of temple-city was turned to hostile sandy plain filed with ash, sulphur a poisonous plants.
    The first one, who resettles town after uncountable years, was a steamy jungle and its deadly residents, which were able to adapt to this harsh place and their skins due to survival purposes change colours, from natural tones to shades of fire. This sign of both life and death attracted many saurus and skinks, which were created in pools of this temple-city before years. The old Pahuax lizardmen, which weren’t in city during catastrophe. The survivors of Pahuax are not only saurus and kroxigor warhosts but also skinks scouts and mainly priest emissaries. They take a rule over the temle city in its early days.
    The settlers start with rebuilding of city, new barracks were erected, anvils rings under hammers, blood canals of sacrificial altars was filled with blood. At last, the Great Pyramid Temple of Xholankha The Lost was finished. Because the Old One of lost ones and believers in return is good god for this Temple-City.
    As manifestation of agreement of Old Ones with rebuilding of Pahuax the new chameleons breeds in sacred pools around city and like a symbol of new era of a Temple-city of Ash all skinks, saurus and kroxigors, which were spawned in those days have a grey ashen skin in many variations.
    When Venerable Conclave of Slann saw establishing of the temple-city and mainly an agreement of Old Ones, they send a Slann to take a rule over this city.
    When Ar Muzencab (Lord of bees) came, the oldest rulers of the temple-city, the highest priest of Xapati Quloq-Tlaz (Obsidian Mind) and white scar-veteran Accat (Lord of ritual scarring), which both remember old Pahuax, give him might over city.
    Now Pahuax can again play its role in fulfilling of Great Plan.

cPGprPo.jpg

Acaat

7pQJXh9.jpg

Quloq-Tlaz

V9S3sYp.jpg

Salamander n.1

wYMti5U.jpg

Salamander n.2 on sulfur-lake base

5y4ASsI.jpg

Coc, champion is still without shield.

cGfqzLN.jpg

Coc rider

DUWIRws.jpg

Sulfur-lake bases

I think that volcano ones are much more better, but his lizardmen are in fire colors and mine are grey, only beasts are in fire shade.

5. IronJaw
    Cold One

IronJaw Member

It needs to be in the coding. ;)

BTW, nice work on the eyes! I've always avoided doing them, but you seem to have pulled it off quite well.

Attached Files:

6. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

7. Aunshi
    Skink

Aunshi New Member

I prefer matte and dirty look, because I think, you will be really dirty in short time, if you live for thousands years in steamy, wet jungle :), only priests and slann like most important ones have time for cleaning.
    Commonly I use aztec and mixtec names of their deities, only priest has name from AB.

8. Qupakoco
    Skink Chief

Qupakoco Keeper of the Dice Staff Member

Well you definitely got the dirty/ashy look on the Saurus. Perhaps a bit too much for my tastes. But the colors look good. I had thought of doing orange and blue on my Cold Ones too.

9. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

What he said.

10. Silverbolt
    Temple Guard

Silverbolt Active Member

I think you have a good start! Might I recommend a little shading/highlighting for your units? I think you would get a lot of results from even a single ink wash. As mentioned before, the eye on your skink priest really stand out.

I think the sulfur lake idea for the basing is pretty unique :)

11. Aunshi
    Skink

Aunshi New Member

Thank men, for advices and mainly for criticism.

Yes, maybe you are right with dirty look, for next "younger" spawning I will try to make slightly cleaner.
    I never tried washing and highlighting before, but why not on some file-rank model ;), I must see around for some instructions.

I took "sulfur lake" idea in one national park. Those sulfur rocks are from snack for my rats :D