1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

painting stegadon from engine of the gods

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by salamander, Apr 5, 2009.

1. salamander
    Skink

salamander New Member

How should I paint my stegadon ? I ask for this becouse I do not like it the wai Eavi Metal painted it.

2. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

Well, there's about a million different ways to paint it, and no one way is better than another. It all depends on your own style, and what will look good with the rest of your models. Try a couple of things first, and look around the forum to see what other people are doing, and you can draw inspiration from that.

3. salamander
    Skink

salamander New Member

thank you Ill think about your tips

4. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Like the rest of your army, you can paint it however you like. One thing is I suggest you don't paint it in the same schem as your troops, it is a big monster and a different species so IMO it should look different. You want it to stand out. On the other hand, you want it to still look good with your army, and particularly with the skinks on top. Just pick one or two colours that you like and think would look good painted on the stegadon then get stuck in. Pick colours you like because it takes a looooong time to paint the steg. :p

5. jay.sar87
    Skink

jay.sar87 New Member

I'm going to end up having 3 Stegs in my army. I want to have them stand out from not only the rest of the army but each other. I was thinking of doing my Ancient EotGs brown/golden and the two Chief mounts red for one and greed for the other. Not sure which paints I would use to highlight/shade with though :(

I was think for the base: khmeri brown(?), scab red and knarloc green

6. salamander
    Skink

salamander New Member

yhank you everyone so here is how I paint them:
    my skink are light and dark blue my saurus are dark and evean darker blue my carnosaur is like the eavy metal team painted it [just bader :rolleyes: ]my cold-ones went quite a mixture my salamander is also like the eavy metal team painted it [just bader :rolleyes: ]and my old stegi went dark and light green but I think it went quite bad

7. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

I chose a green base for mine, you can see how it is going here. Red and brown can also look good, I would avoid blue. Choose a sort of natural colour for most if it if you can't decide, not too bright, but then highlight really bright in a few spots. Good inspiration can be found looking at images of real lizards, they often have really cool colours. Same with frogs. Really it is up to you to decide though.