1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parts Suppliers

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by benclark, Mar 1, 2017.

1. benclark
    Saurus

benclark Active Member

Hi guys I'm just wondering if any of you know of any good sources for cheap parts. Specifically I'm looking for 4 Saurus Warrior bodies. I already have 24 after I purchased the Saurus Warriors from a friends Start Collecting box and when I get my second box I'll have 36 total with more than enough spare parts to make four more excluding the bodies.

I found one supplier on eBay where I can get just the four bodies with shipping for $10, or another supplier for $25 I can get 20, but unless someone else needs 16 bodies who I could sell the rest too seems pointless. At $10 it's not a bad deal per se except at that value a full Saurus Warrior is worth $2.25 each at full GW price so it'd make more sense to buy a full box from my LGS and then sell off the complete 16 Warriors I don't need.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Bowser likes this.
  2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

I think Ebay and such are your best bet. Not sure how many people part out the sprues, but there has to be someone out there.

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  3. Chicken Lips
    Carnasaur

Chicken Lips Well-Known Member

I typically would just keep browsing and look for the bulk lots where someone is simply trying to get rid of their stuff. I've found that these are usually the best deals on eBay. You get a lot of mismatched bits but that simply helps when you are trying to do custom jobs.

Bowser, NIGHTBRINGER and Crowsfoot like this.
  4. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Same here usually titled "warhammer joblot"

Bowser and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  5. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Also, since Saurus are a basic core choice and their kit has been in circulation for a long while, they are both plentiful and cheap on ebay. If you scan Ebay for a short time you should come across some amazing deals.

Bowser and Crowsfoot like this.
  6. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

7. Chicken Lips
    Carnasaur

Chicken Lips Well-Known Member

You never know what you'll get with the bulk lots too. Sometimes the seller is really just trying to get rid of everything and they don't know what they have or how they should price them.

I once bought a lot of O&G for a few Black Orcs and Boar Boys. The seller sent me the lot I bid on as well as an entire O&G starter set! It had never been opened!that significantly boosted me O&G army!

Bowser, Crowsfoot and n810 like this.
  8. benclark
    Saurus

benclark Active Member

Bowser likes this.
  9. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
    Bowser and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  10. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

Hoard 'O Bits normally has a good supply, but it has grown smaller since AOS kicked off...

I was able to get a bunch of Bretonnian bits from them before that line went off the shelves.

I have also used The War Store, but they don't do battlewagon bits anymore due to GW lawyers knocking on their doors too many times. :shifty:

Bowser likes this.