1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Path to Glory Help

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Darken, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Darken
    Jungle Swarm

Darken New Member

Hello Fellow Coldbloods,

I'm starting out on a Path to Glory campaign and looking for advice on units.
    Running an oldblood on carno for the champ, initially giving me 2 units.
    Choice is any two (including doubling) of the following;
    5 Knights
    5 Guard
    10 Warriors
    20 Skins
    Sunblood
    Scarvet on CO
    Oldblood on foot
    Priest/star priest.

Cheers!

2. PabloTho
    Razordon

PabloTho Well-Known Member

My experience with Path to Glory with Seraphon has been pretty negative. Our 'starting lineups' so to speak are really quite weak compared to what other factions are able to bring (if I remember it right, Blades of Khorne can bring a Juggernaught as the leader along with 5 other units or something?) As the nature of PTG means victories tend to 'snowball' throughout the campaign, our odds of victory as Seraphon are pretty slim.

So if you're wanting to do well, I'd encourage you to take a Slann as the General to capitalize on summoning ASAP. But you're probably just like me in that you would prefer to take the badass dino rider over a fat frog in a floating chair.

In this case, maybe try bringing an SV on CO and a unit of knights. That way you can use the Oldbloods CA to buff up the SV (and he's pretty killy if his ability to attack twice goes off), and can also use the SV to boost the knights a little.

From there, you can add more knights, a Starpriest for some magic/venom, and you've got yourself a tidy looking cavalry army.

3. John1974
    Cold One

John1974 Active Member

Yep i agree p2g for seraphon is really lame . The follower tables are seriously unbalanced undead can take a witch with 6 follower units and just keep summoning units we take a frog and get 2 followers or take a scarvet on cold 1 with 4 followers.. if every army took their biggest starting unit the slann is the weakest of them all. Its rather sad playing p2g as a seraphon player

PabloTho likes this.
  4. Earle Doudera
    Jungle Swarm

Earle Doudera New Member

I have been playing path to glory in the southern california area. I started with a slann, a chameleon skink unit and a riperdactyl unit. the plan was to set up slinks opposite end of table and engage ripers on largest percieved threat. I usually summon a bastilidon on turn 3 and clear the table shortly after. If the army is faster then I have to summon regular skinks to sit infront of the slan and take shots. its been very successful for me. i currently have 10 glory, more than anyone. we are going till the end of the month.

We have been playing the vendetta battleplan mostly.