1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pathfinder-ish Campaign...

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Tk'ya'pyk, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Sudsinabucket Well-Known Member

Nodding to Izema the minotaur motions for him to follow, "a blacksmith you say? What do you need iron for?"

Tk'ya'pyk, Lizerd, Nazqua and 2 others like this.
  2. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

i need a chain with cuffs for training and combat. also millers weights modified to attach to the links for added weight

3. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Tarkaz nodded and proceeded to walk towards the shop

4. Tk'ya'pyk
    Skar-Veteran

Tk'ya'pyk Well-Known Member

Drakk, once you have your signs made up, the tricky part begins. Finding somewhere to PUT them. It doesn't take you long to locate a guard. Two of your signs are posted directly outside of the amphitheatre for the event. The rest are posted on, well, posts provided for such things near the entry doors of several taverns and food shops. That done, it is time for you to figure out how your act will go.

Ohmen, the lake was cold. Splashing down into it like that was a harsh slap to the face that you will not, can not, forget. You overstepped yourself this time, and lucky for you, the price you paid was fairly mild. You suspect it could have been much worse. At the moment, you are lying on the aftcastle of Moonsister, your waterlogged cloak spread out around you like a nimbus of smog. While it is not as bright now that noon has passed, the sun shining down on you from above is slowly serving to dry you out. Nonetheless, the whole ordeal has left you exhausted like nothing else you have ever faced before. Perhaps being confined to the ship for the rest of your stay on Silgis won't be such a bad punishment...

Tarkaz, as you enter the animal-seller's stall with Izema in tow, the shopkeep looks up at you and nods. "Welcome back. Are you determined to buy a pidgeygriff, then?" When you reply yes, the kobold nods and begins to gather up what appears to be a mish-mash of supplies. "I would advise you to purchase a quantity of seeds somewhere for feeding it. It will eat a cup of any kind of seed each day, or more if it is extremely active. You can feed it scraps of bread, cheese, cooked grains, and some vegetables as well. I have made you a list of things it can eat, and a list of things it definitely should NEVER eat." You notice that second list is disturbingly long and includes things like illithid tentacles and tripe. You wonder for a moment what an illithid is, but the shopkeep is talking again.

"Okay, wooden perch (more like a small half-barrel cut open and mounted on top of a short pole), shoulder-guard, wrist-guard, jesses, hood, feather oiling kit, grooming kit..." He continues to add stuff to the pile. The final total for all of this (and keep in mind you have to buy food for it elsewhere) is 600 gp.

Izema, you see your first pidgeygriff. It looks like a griffon, but about the size of a small dog and with a pigeon head instead of an eagle. It is oddly cute. Mimmoths are cute, too, as is the flying cat and a strange thing that looks like a giant rabbit with a unicorn's horn.

Lizerd, TheCrazyKhorneGuy and Nazqua like this.
  5. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Second guessing the equipment load and where he would store it and the over all price Tarkaz thinks a moment... "Perhaps until we have a bigger ship the Mimmoth would be better....I do not want to arrive back at the ship only to be told this much equipment is not allowed or there is no space to keep it..." apologizing to both the shopkeper and Izema Tarkaz resures himself and the others that the Mimmoth would be better

6. Nazqua
    Carnasaur

Nazqua Well-Known Member

Sprawled out against the deck, Ohmen lied within a pool of cold water leached away from his cloak. Surrounding him as if it were his own blood Ohmen remained motionless.

Face pressed against the deck the changeling remained in this state for what felt like hours… Eventually the vibrations and screeching of the deck’s planks can once again be felt. The gentle chatter of voices. A subtle breeze of outside air. Were his senses returning?

Indeed they were. It was almost as if his body was a block of thawing ice, slowly getting exposed to its surroundings.

Tingling in his legs, his arms, his head… Warmblood now dared to move further toward his frozen skin.

Shivering with both pain and cold Ohmen ‘drags’ himself to his feet, if that word could even be used in such a way. Sitting down he stays silent. His mind stays silent… His mind stays silent?

Surely it must still be recovering… It felt unnatural, Abhorrent even to experience that silence within. The kind one feels watching as the stars fade and sleep claims them, Or upon waking up to a dawn sky strewn with fight light. Watching as the sun rises upwards to witness all that is its own having fought off the darkness once again, the feeling one gets knowing that one day the sun will rise no longer, and all that ever was and ever will be dust. To say ‘One day’ However, would be wrong. This speaks not of days, not of years, decades, forever… Such is invertibility. Some proclaim Tragedy, Peace even. Though none, Not even the stars themselves speak of eternity, their anger and hatred personified into light and heat.

Regardless, This man, Or rather, This thing, this creature had deceived none but himself. He had robbed none but himself. He had pained none but himself….

He sits. He should take advantage of a numbed mind and exhausted body. Rest, He needs this. If Ohmen could steal anything it would be a few hours of the day lest his mind begins once again.

7. TheCrazyKhorneGuy
    Chameleon Skink

TheCrazyKhorneGuy Well-Known Member

Drew helps Drakk put the signs up, and then asks, "What will you do for your act, and what, if anything, do you want me to do?"

Tk'ya'pyk, Lizerd and Nazqua like this.
  8. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

DeathBringer125 Well-Known Member

After they had put up the signs, Drakk starts explaining to Drew "Well that's exactly what I have been trying to figure out, I may rope in Tarkaz too, I have a stunt he could do if he is interested. I might expand out from just simple tricks to comedy as well! Imagine a Minotaur reaching for a stick, just to have it get yanked back through the air right before he grabs it! I have so many ideas, and so little time to prep them. I will explain your role later today, for now, we should try and find Tarkaz and perhaps Izema too!".

9. TheCrazyKhorneGuy
    Chameleon Skink

Drew was still a little wary of Izema because he had seen the shark-person come so close to eating off Garutis's thumb. But Drew decided to head to the pet shop Tarkaz was talking about, thinking he could find Tarkaz and Izema there.

10. Tk'ya'pyk
    Skar-Veteran

Tarkaz and Izema: Nodding, the shopkeep slides the pidgeygriff equipment to one side and brings out a cage with a mimmoth in it. This particular one is the size of a small cat, shaggy with curling tusks. It looks at you and trumpet, a kind of squeaky-clarinet sound. "Mimmoths are much more affordable and easier to keep. They eat straw, hay, most grains, and most seeds. Give them a peanut - roasted and unshelled first, mind - and they're happy for hours. It will cost you about 5 gold a month to feed one. You will want to buy a brush though - they get mats in their fur if you don't brush their furs every few days."

For once, Ohmen's thoughts are right on track. They're silent, leaving him alone with his own, personal thoughts. As that reality sank in, relief washed over the changeling, followed by exhaustion. A few minutes later he was tucked into a corner of the aftcastle, snoring softly.

Well Drakk, if you want to talk to Tarkaz, you better go track him down...

Lizerd, Nazqua and TheCrazyKhorneGuy like this.
  11. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

Drakk and Drew set out throughout Silgis trying to find Tarkaz and Izema, they ask around about a Minotaur and a Shark man, luckily since they stand out they are pretty easy to track.

Lizerd, Nazqua, Sudsinabucket and 2 others like this.
  12. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Nodding to the Shopkeeper Tarkaz understands, "how much total will I need? Food, equipment, everything." Tarkaz also mentions about wanting to find a butcher and if the Kobold knew where the best place would be to get racks of lamb, chops, and mutton

13. Tk'ya'pyk
    Skar-Veteran

Nodding, the shopkeep calmly points out that 40 gp would cover everything for a mimmoth, the cage (which you WILL want sometimes), and a care kit. You'll have to go elsewhere for the feed, but again, a mimmoth will eat any kind of grain or seed. As for the meat, there is a butcher shop down the street about two blocks away. He recommends you just buy a whole side of sheep, as it would be cheaper than just trying to buy precut parts of the sheep.

14. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

As Drakk was walking by the pet shop, he saw Tarkaz and Izema standing inside talking to the merchant. Walking in with Drew, Drakk waited for Tarkaz to finish paying before telling him "Oh my, he is quite cute! Also, I was wondering if you would be interested in performing a stunt in a show I'm putting on at the end of the week before we leave. If you are interested, I have a stunt for both of you planned, I may have found a new hobby!". After saying this, Drakk followed Izema and Tarkaz around Silgis before returning to the ship to eat.

15. TheCrazyKhorneGuy
    Chameleon Skink

At the ship, Drew tries out his new and improved daggers. They feel better somehow. Drew knows there are ways to enchant weapons but he has never seen it with his own eyes.

Lizerd, Nazqua and Tk'ya'pyk like this.
  16. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

i don't see why not should be fun

17. Tk'ya'pyk
    Skar-Veteran

DREW: Enchanted Katar: paired Punch Daggers +1

Lizerd, TheCrazyKhorneGuy and Nazqua like this.
  18. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Tarkaz gives Drakk a stern look as he was not done talking to the shopkeeper yet, turning back to the Shopkeeper, "I thank you for your patience with me, I hope I did not cost you a sale of the pidgeygriff." *Hands him the 40gp plus 5gp, "Here is another 5gp as an apology" *Tarkaz bows a gracious bow*, "Thank you for the tip on the butcher and meat, a full side sounds rather delightful! Where would you suggest getting the grain and seeds? I apologizefor the questions"

Gently grabbing the cage Tarkaz looks in and smiles, "You and I will be going on many adventures little one, and you'll help Sandy keep mice and other pests away" as if a response a small little trumpet noise lets loose before it lays down.

19. Tk'ya'pyk
    Skar-Veteran

The little mimmoth trumpets back at you happily. Smiling, the shopkeep happily takes your money and gives you directions to a pair of shops. The first sells seeds, the second sells grain in bushel-baskets.

20. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Turning to Drakk now, "What was this stunt you are planning and how did you want me involved?" Walking towards the door he motions for his crew mates to follow him, "walk and talk, I have other things to buy still"