1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pathfinder-ish Campaign...

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Tk'ya'pyk, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Tk'ya'pyk
    Skar-Veteran

Tk'ya'pyk Well-Known Member

Frowning, the priestess replies that she is unable to get you an audience with Silgisarr, as the goddess is not available for the next several days. When pressed, she will not expand on that information.

Lizerd, TheCrazyKhorneGuy and Nazqua like this.
  2. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

DeathBringer125 Well-Known Member

Drakk pauses before realizing what he must do. Turning to his companions, Drakk says "Alright then.... Let's leave the city, I have something else I can do that will succeed. Although I really hope it was unnecessary.". After saying this, Drakk leads them to the city gates to leave the city.

3. TheCrazyKhorneGuy
    Chameleon Skink

TheCrazyKhorneGuy Well-Known Member

Drew looks at Drakk utterly terrified and asks, "What are you planning on doing? The way you described it doesn't sound good at all."

Lizerd, Tk'ya'pyk and Nazqua like this.
  4. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

Drakk turns to Drew before saying "I cannot say right now, too many people. I will tell you when we are out of the city. But whatever happens, NOBODY can take this bag from me.".

5. Nazqua
    Carnasaur

Nazqua Well-Known Member

As Wisdom strays further and further away from Ohmen their connection first strains before unraveling, what once were somewhat shared thoughts ceasing and blurred. Ohmen was oblivious to what was happening. Fitting, For a fool.

6. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

Drakk and his companions travel about a mile from the city before they arrive at a fairly large secluded area. Then Drakk draws out a fairly small amethyst egg before saying to the group "Stand back!.". After saying this Drakk hurls the egg at the ground causing it to crack open.

7. Tk'ya'pyk
    Skar-Veteran

A moment later there is a flash of light and a portal opens up! But instead of Silgisarr, Triskidi steps through! To the others, you see a female kobold in mage's robes walk through the portal before it closes. She smiles at Drakk and casts curious looks at the others. "Hello again, Drakk! I have to admit, I'd expected you to be further away when you used the egg, but what can we do for you?"

Lizerd and TheCrazyKhorneGuy like this.
  8. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

Drakk steps forward and says "Hello Triskidi, I had wished the same but a scenario arose that I needed Silgisarr's counsel on.". Drakk slowly removed the ring from his bag before unwrapping the silk and saying "My friend here somehow found a ring of wishes. And quite frankly I have no clue what to do with it and I do not wish to misuse it or have it fall into the wrong hands.".

9. Tk'ya'pyk
    Skar-Veteran

Blinking in confusion, the kobold mage looks the ring over with a curious expression. "Well scalerot," she finally says. "Where the heck did you find that?!?" Listening to your answer, she nods slowly, thinks for a moment, then shrugs. "Huh. Well that's interesting. Anyway, guess it's up to you what you do with it. I can already tell you a ring like this won't affect Silgisarr. Honestly, as long as you don't destroy the port or something, I don't think anyone is going to care. Sorry Drakk, I think you kind of wasted my summoning egg and I don't have another. Well, in the meantime, enjoy your Wish and try not to stress over it too much." Thinking for a moment, she gives a short laugh. "Hey, if you're bored you could always use it to wish for your own ship! What a hoot that would be!" Having said her piece, she gives Drakk a peck on his nose before teleporting away.

Lizerd, Nazqua and TheCrazyKhorneGuy like this.
  10. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

Garutis turns the corner to see Drakk throwing down an egg. In this time Garutis has been stalking osmething (he didnt really know what it was, but it sure tasted good). He also found some weird rocks on his hunt outside of town, that look kind of like animal bones, but instead are made of rock. Garutis looks to his companions and says "Me rudy tuh go tuh ship"

11. TheCrazyKhorneGuy
    Chameleon Skink

TheCrazyKhorneGuy Well-Known Member

Drew looks at Drakk, "So, since Silisgar obviously doesn't care about the ring, what the heck do we do with it?" Drew then looks to Wisdom, "and how in the world did you get it?"

Lizerd, Tk'ya'pyk and Nazqua like this.
  12. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

Drakk pauses for a second very confused. Then he turns back to the group, wrapping the ring in silk, and says "I wish the Ring had never come to us. I wish none of this had ever happened. But unfortunately it did and now we must decide as a group what to do with it. I guess I overestimated it's power, it seems like they don't value these things on Silgis like they do in Al'akhdar. So now the question is, how should we proceed?".

13. Nazqua
    Carnasaur

Nazqua Well-Known Member

Seeing the so called ‘Triskidi’ dissolve back into the air Wisdom flutters forward, hopping onto the ground on which the egg had shattered. Studying the somewhat charred soil with a strange intent and a handful of pecks Wisdom retreats backwards.

Having securely perched on a collection of raised up mangled branches she now looks toward Drew, batting his question aside with a dark wing.

“I-It… It WaiTeD, WAntED to be OwNed. Its SshiNE calling to all those CuRiOuss.. Hm. Amongst a Sea of Jewelry it was no different. “

“With a Beat of black wing it was within ShArPened claws. T-Talons many a kind..”

Letting out a handful of quiet squarks the raven hops onto another branch, this one toward the group.

“And now it is our own. Hm. Yes. Yes it is. It is until those TwiSted by such PromISes of Power Come LoOking OncE more. Soon. It Would be Wise to hold it tight, but not too tight. To wait, But not wait too long. C-Conceal its Ma-MaGic so that all hands that hunger stay empty. Or… Or else… Giv, GIVE it tO ME."

It is now clear the bird is restraining itself, their talons gripping tight to the branch as wings wildly flap.

Silent. The ravens motion suddenly halts. With talons loosened the bird, or what more resembled a stuffed animal or sculpture slowly slid from the wood, tumbling into the leaves and mud below with a crunch.

“Give. It to MeE. Give IT to nO. Give it to Wisdom yes

The birds words are unnatural, Abhorrent and grating, yet strangely melodic; each word drawn out and full of obscure patterns that seem to meander misleadingly before snapping to an unexpected point.

WisDom. I. Will Bring… bring OrulvW, Ka.” The raven splutters, words becoming whispers. “FrienDS throUgh the SilENT Gate. Yes, Yes. Yes I WILL. YoUr souls hm?

The birds head violently snaps between each of those in front of it. ONe. TwO. ThREE. M-MORE MORE."

As if kicked the bird sprawls backwards, finding itself within a tangle of bushes before it looks around with unease. WrRong. Do not LIsten to That, Me.. Never. “

"The Ring Will WaIT. Its Owners, Old and new will not.”

14. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

Drakk ponder to Ravens words for a few moments before replying "Maybe we should save this ring for later use. Using it can be extremely dangerous as the ring itself will add some 'interesting' twists to your words. However, at some point when we have more money, perhaps we could consider getting a ship like Triskidi said. Does everyone agree to save it's use for a later time? If so who do you think should carry it for the time being?"

15. Tk'ya'pyk
    Skar-Veteran

From the shadows a familiar figure steps, crowing with laughter. "Silly-odd thing, elder-ravens are, yes! Strange minds full-overflowing with the thoughts-words-feelings of the past-ancestors!" Kia the kenku stands over Wisdom, his beak clacking rhythmically a few times. He cocks his head from left to right in the manner of a crow, beady black eyes twinkling in the light. "Overheard-listened to everything I did, yes-certain. A wish-ring you found? Strange item-magic to be found just lying around, unclaimed-lost. It sounds like a certain bird-raven-familiar may have stolen-acquired it from someone." More of those clicks come from Kia's beak, echoed by clicks from the raven. "Yes-yes, stolen-taken from the market-stalls. Yet nobody seems to have missed-mislaid-cared yet." Kia shakes his heads and regards the raven thoughtfully. "I would not recommend giving it back to Wisdom," the alchemist suddenly says in a blunt tone, the normal amusement gone from his voice. "Hold-keep it for an emergency-urgency, I would, but you will need to pay-reward Wisdom for his find-discovery. It is unfair to take-remove a shiny from a crow-kin of any kind-type without replacing it with something else. I would go seek-find a shiny of equal shinyness-bling for the raven." Leaning in close, he whispers so you can hear. "The replacement does not have to be magic-enchanted, but it does have to be gaudy-shiny. In fact, the more ludicrous-absurd, the better. Keep it small though."

16. Nazqua
    Carnasaur

Nazqua Well-Known Member

Standing up Wisdom ruffles her feathers, allowing a sharp beak to slit through them like a knife in the dark.

With a few powerful flaps the raven once again perches on the branches and begins to give Drakk a soft gaze.

“Hmm. It twists for what cause, What is it that creates it to do so? Chaos?"

“A ship… Perhaps. Though what use of it will come? For it to sit silent as tree’s of an ancient forest, its boards bought only to rot, metal rust and gather dust. If it is to be exhausted on some fickle physical good think more permanent, abiding…”

Hearing the crowlike squarks Wisdom’s head slowly coils around to the Kenku’s direction. Silly-Odd. Hm? Wonder at the end yes. Hm.” Wisdoms beak clacks a few times in response. Your eyes share much with this creatu…. My own.”

Wherever one is, something else will always sense, feel… Hear them… If th-This can, so too can others. Silence of both the mind and mouth is the best tool for secrecy. If I know much of something, it is that.”

“Indeed. C-Crow.” Wisdom coughs, “To take-steal is to find hm. One cannot truly own something that will outlast them, In that way Ohmen much the same.”

At least this one speaks true. Do not gi-GiVE It tO. GiVe it TO ThE-M Me…”

Wisdom listens. Thinks for a second.

“Hmmm… None. I need not take trivial payments. Shining catches the eye and claw only… SOmething else however… Hmm. I need OthErs to help me in one way or another. B-But Y-You and these? No. No they cannot.”

“Feel no UrGe to repay this. Just false-swear to me that you fulfill one of my-Ohmens requests of non-ill intent? Word… Favor? Future is abound to hold much when one takes, finds magic from another perhaps soonn to come looking. Be wary.”

17. Tk'ya'pyk
    Skar-Veteran

Kia frowns at some of the words the raven speaks. Something about Wisdom seems... off... to the kenku, but for now he only has his suspicions. "You are a strange creature-thing, raven," the kenku says. "Sometimes it feels-seems like there is more than one being-thing-creature inside your mind-head."

18. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Sudsinabucket Well-Known Member

Putting the coin on the Table Tarkaz smiles and waits for the feed, glancing around the shop

19. Nazqua
    Carnasaur

Nazqua Well-Known Member

Angling their head to the side and slowly drawing it around towards Kia Wisdom speaks. T-the KnoWleDGE of the MaNY is more bountiful than that of the ONE. T-ThHey Still search.”

The raven violently squarks and shakes their head. W- We. I. I am F-Fine.”

“W-What wont be is those when they find out this ring has abandoned them.. Whether we are to To CoNCEAL an- HIDE or U-USE And FIND wE S-Should MaKE hasTe. W-E shouLd soon return to the Sh-Nest-Ship and… perhaps consult those uninformed. hmm.”

The bird ruffles her feathers once again, ready to start moving toward the ship.

20. Tk'ya'pyk
    Skar-Veteran

"You are a strange-odd thing, Wisdom-raven. But yes-true, to the ship we should return-wander. I am needing-desiring to replenish my stocks-supplies from my locker anyway, as I have more trading to do in the morning!" Turning on one taloned foot, the kenku heads off in the direction of the docks.

Smiling, the kobold merchant sets several large bags in front of Tarkaz. "Here you go," she says. "One bag of oats, one bag of maize, one bag of barley. Mix the three together, it will likely want to eat until it is stuffed but try to limit it to a half cup three times a day." Pulling another bag out, she drops it onto the table. It rattles a little. "Mixed nuts and seeds, already shelled. A handful of these will serve as a treat. Er..." pausing, she frowns and looks your hand over. "One of MY hands-full. Maybe half of one of yours?"