1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The April Poetry Contest has opened for voting! For more information, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Photobucket third party hosting issues as described by Nicodemus

Discussion in 'Ideas, problems and feedback' started by Karak Norn Clansman, Jun 30, 2017.

1. Karak Norn Clansman
    Saurus

Karak Norn Clansman Active Member

Breaking News.

I propose that the good members of Ulthuan.net knock their pointy-eared lordly heads together and initiates an image salvage operation to save the very best Photobucket-hosted pictures from inactive members. The works of old masters are in danger of being lost forever, courtesy of Photobucket! See more here for Chaos Dwarf Online's unfolding initiative on the issue:

Ritual likes this.
  2. Karak Norn Clansman
    Saurus

Can't edit above post. Errors will have to stand as they are. Best regards.

Ritual likes this.
  3. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

4. The Red Devil
    Troglodon

The Red Devil Defender of Hexoatl Staff Member

*Shivers*
    You normally do not want to do this process manually...

Took a look tonight and found a flaw in their "3rd party" protection system, so got an automatic process running now that parse all of our posts and download images from photobucket. Will write some more code one of the first days, to go through the posts and add same images as attachments.

I see you guys run a different forum system, so the code would need some changes to run on your site, but if you guys have any developer onboard running the site, I can share the code with you, just send me a PM.

PhoenixTheCat, Nefertem, n810 and 6 others like this.
  5. The Red Devil
    Troglodon

The Red Devil Defender of Hexoatl Staff Member

Karak Norn Clansman likes this.
  6. Karak Norn Clansman
    Saurus

OK, redundant on Lustria, but just to mention it everywhere:

Stopgap fix to Photobucket images under lockdown (my emboldening), from Warseer's Captain Brown:

Those who have not yet replaced their own Photobucket pictures with identical pictures hosted elsewhere, may want to scour their army blogs and other hobby threads. However, adding ~original to the address lines will not make the linked images compatible with more advanced solutions!

Note however that we cannot consider this a permanent solution, only a stopgap option. It is possible that Photobucket may come to block this fixture, transform itself beyond recognition or go down altogether as a site.

n810 likes this.