1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog Pilgrim Pod's Lizardmen Plog

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by Pilgrim Pod, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Pilgrim Pod
    Skink

Pilgrim Pod New Member

Hey guys. Here's the humble beginning of my Lizardmen army. I'm aiming towards an eventual 3000 point force. I've unashamedly decided to do the bases of my Lizardmen using the same template as Kiour_gr's. I just love his army!

Progress key:
    Completed
    Part painted
    Assembled
    Unbuilt
    To be purchased

Models:
    Slann
    Scar Vet on cold one

30 Saurus
    30 Skinks
    20 Temple Guard
    Scar Vet on cold one

Ancient stegadon
    Engine of the Gods

30 Saurus
    10 skinks
    6 saurus cavalry

12 chameleons
    2 salamanders

This little chap below will be the first to visit the painting table.

I'll probably follow him up with this fearsome fella.

I make no apologies for the ideas I'll be stealing from all your plogs over the next few months. There's a wealth of inspiration on this forum! :)

2. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to the Forum. Feel free to beg, borrow, or steal from any of our posts. We look forward to see your progress.

I do have a question though. The bases that you are using, did you make them or did you buy them?

Thanks

3. Pilgrim Pod
    Skink

Pilgrim Pod New Member

4. Pilgrim Pod
    Skink

Pilgrim Pod New Member

WiP of Lord Gribbit. He's proving a right pain in the backside to paint. I can't wait to have him finished! I haven't made my mind up on the base yet... I think the stone paving could perhaps do with being a lighter shade.

I'm pretty pleased with how his eyes have turned out. You'll have to excuse the slightly blurry pic that follows.

I'll hopefully get him finished over the next couple of days. :)

5. Old Mossy
    Bastiladon

Old Mossy Active Member

Wow, he's a beauty! Love the orange. The yellowing on the horns looks great; good job all round on the horns. Are you going to do a bit more dry-brushing on the palanquin? It looks like it needs a little more love.

6. Pilgrim Pod
    Skink

Pilgrim Pod New Member

Thanks mate for the kind words! The palanquin is definitely in need of a little TLC. Perhaps a light dry-brush of the original grey and then a little highlighting to go along with it. The reptiles on it need painting too and I'm thinking of a small silver highlight on the gold to make it all pop a little. The horns need a little tidying up too. It's been my first full week at work though and I haven't been able to get as much hobby done as I'd like whilst trying to fit some game time in on the evening. I have got the skink finished though so I guess that's something!

Might not have got my hands covered in much paint this past week but I have managed to get my hands on another 30 skinks, 10 Temple Guard and 2 skegs. :)

7. Caprasauridae
    Stegadon

Caprasauridae Well-Known Member

Really cool Slann! Makes me regret my decision of not painting mine orange and white...

8. Old Mossy
    Bastiladon

Old Mossy Active Member

Ha! Great skink, his pupils make him look really shifty. What's he up to...

9. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

He's part of the Skink mafia and is going to talk the Slann into reassigning a rival into a post near the stables so he can experience a "little accident" with the Salamander pens.

Oh yeah, to get on topic. I like the orange Slann, it turned out quite well.

10. Pilgrim Pod
    Skink

Pilgrim Pod New Member

Finally got around to finishing off my Slann. :)

I'm 90% happy with him but thought it was time to move on to something else. I had more plans for his 'white bits' and the palanquin's horns but am fed up of working on him. The paint constantly kept chipping off the model as I turned it in my hand to work on different areas. I've never had the problem with metal before. I still however need to add some foliage to the base in the form of plastic aquatic plants.

Next up I think'll be a Scar Vet. :)

11. Pilgrim Pod
    Skink

Pilgrim Pod New Member

Started laying some paint down on my 30 Skink skirmishers. :)

Early days but I'm quite happy with the skin tone.

12. CaptainKirk
    Saurus

CaptainKirk New Member

Nice work so far! Keep it up! :D

13. Pilgrim Pod
    Skink

Pilgrim Pod New Member

It's been a little while since I've taken a photo of anything from my blossoming army. Any who here's my Scar Vet cowboy. :)

I've started to get a few games in with my 1500 point list... http://www.lustria-online.com/threads/1500-point-beginner-list.10418/
    So far it's three losses and one draw but more importantly a whole lot of fun! I'm loving my Lizards.

14. newscales
    Kroxigor

newscales New Member

slick looking model. i like the work on the bone accents particularly. well done

15. rychek
    Troglodon

rychek Active Member

Very nice cowboy. The Slann looks very nice too. I'm almost tempted to get back to work on my Slann's palanquin. Almost. I have too many new Hight Elf models to paint though.... :D

16. Pilgrim Pod
    Skink

Pilgrim Pod New Member

Cheers dudes for the feedback!

Started laying down some paint on my 30 strong Saurus block. I really do dislike using models with no colour on them. A sea of grey plastic just looks bleurgh! I've magnetised these guys too for travel purposes.

It's taken me around two hours to get them to where they are at with an airbrush which I have to say is pretty damned good going for me. :)

17. Pilgrim Pod
    Skink

Pilgrim Pod New Member

WiP Chameleons. Tomorrow night... Eyes!

18. Old Mossy
    Bastiladon

Old Mossy Active Member

Good start. Are you going to add extra details for character, like some little frogs?