1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Possible 1500 point epic setup.

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by DeathBringer125, Sep 5, 2018.

1. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

DeathBringer125 Well-Known Member

Hey guys I was just brainstorming a potentially epic strategy. So this strategy would use a Lord Kroak on balewind vortex, eternity Starhosts with 3 squads of 10 guards and ofcourse the eternity warden and then some other fluff maybe a skink Starseer? Without Starseer this would cost (if I did my math right) 1330 points do you would have 170 extra points to spend. So to add to this for layout you would have Lord Kroak on vortex in middle with the eternity warden right behind him, then the 3 squads in front of Lord Kroak and on sides. Because of eternity Starhosts they would get a 2+ save and be pretty hard to kill, additionally the eternity warden could soak up wounds for Lord Kroak if need be while Lord Kroak shoots his 5 spells per turn (because of balewind vortex) and eradicates everything. Please leave a reply if you have any ideas or if I calculated anything wrong. This is my first strategy so pls tell me what you think.

2. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Your list is a traditional Kroaknaddo build. The main weakness is that mortal wounds (which are very common in Tier 1 list) rip through your Saurus Guardian Screen. The list will work well against anything that doesn't have access to mortal wound out put.

3. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

Ty for feedback lol dang I thought I had come up with something new. Do you think this would work against a Khorne army?

4. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

It would depend on the list. Bloodboil prayer will eat up the Saurus Guard. You should be able to out summon your opponent while still being able to throw out two or three kroak spells. I think you can grind down their numbers without fully killing units and deny blood tithe. If you are able to summon on units and LoSaT them onto objectives then Kroak should be able to handle the big threats with spells.

5. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

Ty for all your help. Also I don’t currently have the guards or warden to do this build but I have been planning to get them

6. Nart
    Carnasaur

Nart Well-Known Member

If you plan to use Saurus guard, consider bringing Emerald Lifeswarm. It can revive d3 models per turn, if unit is not completely destoyed. The disadvantage that you always want to go second, so your opponent will not remove the swarm away. Lens of refraction artefact from Hysh, though nerfed, can mitiagate some mortal wounds from spells - not spell-heavy armies, like tzeentch, but those who can bring a spell or two every turn.

7. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

Ty I will look into that! My opponent has almost zero casters he has guys who cast prayers but not spells. Also does terrain bonus stack with the 2+ save of Saurus Guard still?

8. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

+2 is the best save you can have so no point stacking more even if it is possible.

9. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

K ty lol I saw somewhere something about a 1+ save but I didn’t think that was possible lol that would be OP. Also because of eternity Starhost do the Saurus guards do d3 damage when they don’t move? I saw something about that but couldn’t find it on the guards themselves. Also by move does that include charges? Does it include pile ins?

10. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

11. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Against Khorne the important thing is to get rid of the heroes that can create mortal wounds. After that the Khorne dudes become a lot less scary.
    So Kroak bombing heroes, blocking their advance with Endless Spells (like the palisade or shackles, which they cannot remove due to their lack of wizards) could work well. The ones that arrive at your lines can be mopped up by Saurus Guard.

12. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

Nice thank you so much crowsfoot, aginor, and Nart. Currently I don’t have Saurus Guard or eternity wardens but I do plan to get them. Do you guys have any ideas of a better setup to fight chaos?

13. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

I love playing Lord Kroak. He is one of my favorite characters from the Warhammer universe. He is also a beast vs demons. I think it is good idea to stick with Kroak. However, doing so does limit the amount of Battalions you can fit at 1500.

Based off the message you sent me that detailed your current collection I believe you are better off focusing on a Mortal Storm Kroaknnado instead of a summoning Kroak list. Once your collection expands and you have move flexibility in your sideboard then you will be able to quickly adjust your strategies mid game and turn to summoning if you need to reinforce key positions or finish off enemy heroes with mortal wounds.

From what you currently own I would consider something along the line of this list:

Allegiance: Seraphon

LEADERS:
    Lord Kroak
    (450)
    - General
    Engine of the Gods (220)
    - Artefact : Coronal Shield
    Skink Starpriest (80)

UNITS:
    20 x Skinks (120)
    -Boltspitters & Star Bucklers
    20 x Saurus Warriors (200)
    -Clubs
    5x Saurus Knights (90)
    -Lances

BEHEMOTHS:
    Stegadon
    (220)

ENDLESS SPELLS:
    Balewind Vortex
    (40)

TOTAL: 1420/1500

Your friends Khorn Demon list is very reliant on his bonus to hit for mortal wound output. Between Summon Starlight and the Coronal Shield debuffs you should be able to neuter his blood letter bombs. Sadly Saurus Warrior are not optimal in units below 40. You could potentially split the unit into two.You would lose the 20 unit bonus if you do, but it won't be lasting long anyways. The main shortfall if you split the unit is that you will ultimately give Khorne more Blood Tithe. You have 80 points left over. These could either be spent on another Skink Starpriest or Skink Priest. If you have the Malign Sorceries box then I would look at some more endless spell. Chromantic Cogs is amazing in Kroak lists. You can even have your Skink Starpriest summon them for Kroak to gain the extra Kroak cast.

In terms of future purchases I would first look into either kitbashing or picking up a Saurus Astrolith Bearer. Then decided which battalions call to you the most. The big three in competitive play are Shadowstrike Starhost, Thunderquake Starhost ( the dual Solar Engine Bastiladon and EotG varriant), and single drop Fangs of Sotek. Any of these three will be summoning on vast hordes of Skinks. So I would also buy at least two more boxes of them as well. Finally I think Ripperdactyls are always a good purchase. You can either run them in the Shadowstrike or you can summon them.

There are many detailed post on Lustria that will show you how to magnetize kits, convert units using spare bits, and get the best value out of each box.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
  14. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

Nice I can’t thank you enough I think I’m going to get the cogs and balewind as my next purchases to complete this army setup and try it out.

15. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

Also as for how I should play this army. Should I charge in engine of God’s or keep him back with Kroak, should I charge in stegadon? Should I play a super defensive formation around Kroak and engine? Also for sunfire throwers on stegadon how good are they? And is the sky streak bow any good?

16. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

Normally I am not anxious to charge my EotGs into the fray, but at 1500 points you can't afford to leave 220 on the sideline. I would try to pick wise fights with units that you can either tie up or eliminate without losing your EotGs. Alternatively, you could attempt to get it withing 3" of as many units as possible for his artifact. I almost always play aggressively. Debuff his big units of bloodletters with Summon Starlight. Then chip down his Priest, Blood Secrator, and General with Celestial Deliverance and Comets call.

If your friend runs multiple MinSU of Bloodreavers then try to avoid killing them. He is looking for easy Blood Tithe, make him work for his summoning and delay the Bloodthirster as long as possible. Khorne crumbles without its heroes, and Kroak excels at chipping down key units. Check out the seraphon errata @ https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/age_of_sigmar_seraphon_errata_en-1.pdf to make sure you are up to date on all your Lord Kroak rules. Don't forget you get to add range to your spells if you roll 10+ as well.

There is currently an open discussion on the Stegadon here: http://www.lustria-online.com/threads/stegadon-howdah-weapon.21857/

17. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

Nice ty. I’m going to go with bow to whittle down his heroes unless he has a big swarm of like marauders. And the warscrolls app has updated the rules so I know lol they updated it the day after I bought mine I wasn’t to happy about that. ty For help

18. Csaszi28
    Jungle Swarm

Csaszi28 New Member

How you make guards 2+ rerollable save? I am new at sigmar started my serephon army with something same :)

19. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

Eternal Starhost with them near their Eternity Warden. Then you cast Mystic Shield on them.

Csaszi28 likes this.
  20. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

Hey I’m about ready to buy a chronomantic cogs and balewind cortex for 35 dollars total is that a good deal?