1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Possible New Race for Seraphon

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by mememan, May 9, 2017.

1. mememan
    Jungle Swarm

mememan New Member

On page 29 of the Seraphon Battletome, it is said, "Others claim that the Sunbloods are an evolution of the Seraphon themselves, perhaps even the first step in a transformation into something new and as yet undreamt of." Judging the tone GW wrote it in, maybe it could mean an eventual new sub-race for the Seraphon

Captaniser, Bowser and Phoedinn like this.
  2. PhoenixTheCat
    Terradon

PhoenixTheCat Well-Known Member

Maybe the new Seraphon have laser guns. Or cats. Both are fine with me.

Soul Zenmuron, m0gstar and Bowser like this.
  3. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Well according to the product information they are still living saurus. So the remaining saurus from the old world have evolves into the Sunbloods. Though their evolution may yet be ongoing.

Seraphage likes this.
  4. Seraphage
    Stegadon

Seraphage Well-Known Member

No, no, please no laser guns. One 40k is more than enough ! :p

Bowser likes this.
  5. PhoenixTheCat
    Terradon

We already have laser turtles, and there are steampunk dwarves, so I don't see why we can't have laser guns.

Seraphage and Bowser like this.
  6. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

We already have laser guns, don't we? Solar engine and the Sunbolt Gauntlet. :D

7. Seraphage
    Stegadon

Seraphage Well-Known Member

In dinosaurs coming out from awesome diamonds / Ruby's. Not infantry with 40k necron weapons etc. Primal beings would never bother using such after all anyways ! :D

Bowser likes this.
  8. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Fun fact: The very first time I ever saw a Stegadon I instantly thought of the Triceratops from "Dino D-Day" :D
    But yes, I didn't like them THAT much... I don't want 40K Seraphon either.

Bowser likes this.
  9. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

I kind of do. Picture an amped up Dino Riders. dino-riders-movie-mattel.jpg

Shawry, Drcrabs, Ritual and 2 others like this.
  10. Fhanados
    Terradon

Fhanados Well-Known Member

I would pay good money for Dino Riders inspired Seraphon. If I had unlimited money it would definitely be my next 40k project.

Bowser likes this.
  11. Flutterbat
    Skink

Flutterbat Member

I have high hopes for some Seraphon updates/additions in the not-terribly-distant future since we have the distinction of being order daemons and that seems like a cool concept GW would capitalize on. Right now, the order daemon thing is just tacked on--but I imagine we'll be see new units that play into that primal magic aspect. More projectile weapons powered by cosmic energy and all that, probably small handheld versions of that concept.

The Sunblood evolution lore bit would also be a great excuse to make a new, beefier battleline--sorta like how orcs got a new breed of tough infantry in the Ironjawz...though without splitting our faction hopefully.

Drcrabs, mememan and Bowser like this.
  12. Fhanados
    Terradon

Fhanados Well-Known Member

There is a heck of a lot of potential for the Seraphon for sure. Developing their aesthetic to be more like the modern models in the line like Kroq-Gar (Oldblood on Carno) and Tetto'Ekko/Starseer would go a long way to make them stand out as a unique creation and their background definitely leaves them open to new and exciting things. Take a look at the discussion on Seraphon technology in the background form for starters and that's only scratching the surface!

My concern is that they will be left behind in favour of new ideas. New stuff like the Kharadron Overlords, Sylvaneth and Stormcast are all very cool, but it does feel to me like there's little intention of updating older armies at the moment. It's somewhat disappointing to see Stormcast on their third battletome (if you count Extremis Chamber) already while Seraphon basically have a glorified version of the Lizardmen PDF. Sure there are other armies worse off than us, but I can't shake the feeling of "We've done them. Next on the list!".

Dragonfire, mememan and Bowser like this.
  13. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Yeah, I'd say we are the most credible army for a possible laser evolution. It's just a matter to discover some ancient device of the Old Ones.
    We, and skaven, with their crazy and unreliable tech.

Bowser likes this.
  14. Dragonfire
    Cold One

Dragonfire Well-Known Member

That's how I feel as well.

I wouldn't mind seeing models that are as grand and cool looking as the Saurus on the cover of Seraphon. Maybe give them Halberds that can find rays of solar energy?

Bowser likes this.
  15. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Bowser and Fhanados like this.
  16. PhoenixTheCat
    Terradon

We already have some lasers *cough* Solar Engine *cough*, but a laser evolution would probably include some main troops with laser guns.

Bowser likes this.
  17. Mark Sinosich
    Cold One

Mark Sinosich Active Member

I don't want them to go too crazy and split our army - mostly because I just invested in Seraphon models as they are and do not like the idea of them getting old so soon.

Seraphon are memories and that should help to ground our current forces. I can see some of those memories being altered/enhanced to create some elite battle line units, perhaps more magically infused Saurus and Skinks.

18. ravagekitteh
    Skink Chief

ravagekitteh Well-Known Member

I kind of want the Seraphon to get some new models, as it would mean they're getting some love again, but I think if they do it will invalidate the army I'm currently building. I think what would be best for the Seraphon is a new campaign book รก la Realmgate Wars that has a lot of focus on them. Maybe it could also focus on things like Khadaron Overlords and the new Diciples of Tzeench figures.

Bowser likes this.
  19. Mark Sinosich
    Cold One

Mark Sinosich Active Member

I believe the GHB v2 will have traits and artifacts for all armies. That will fill in a large hole currently missing with Seraphon. Perhaps it will also hint at new stuff?

I'm not adverse to getting some new units, just not a new army like Khadaron Overlords because that spells the end of Seraphon as I know and love them.

Bowser likes this.
  20. ravagekitteh
    Skink Chief

ravagekitteh Well-Known Member

Yeah. I suppose that if there were too many new models, it would mean a new Battletome. I'm currently gunning for a Starbeast Constellation as a goal for collecting my miniatures. I just have the feeling a new Battletome would change all the main battalions and leave the army I've been working so hard to build somewhat invalidated. That's my worry

Bowser likes this.