1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tutorial Priority Targets

Discussion in 'Seraphon Tactics' started by LizardWizard, Aug 26, 2019.

1. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Nighthaunt:
    • General's with Ruler of the Spirit Host command trait.
    • Guardian of Souls
    • Grimghast Reapers
    • Black Coach
    • All other Heroes
    • Chainraps Hordes
    Ruler of the Spirit Host:
    This command trait allows the general to return d3 slain models to a nearby Nighthaunt Summonable unit. This can be extremely potent when used on Spirit Host or Hexwraiths.

Guardian of Souls:
    This Charles-Dickens-looking spoopy boy is the ubiquitous caster of Nighthaunt.

Grimghast Reapers:

Scythe wielding blenders of death never looked so ethereal.

Black Coach:

Beware the Charles-Dickens-looking spoopy ride.

All the other Heroes:

Chainraps Hordes:

Be patient with these poor unfortunate souls.

Return to Index

2. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

3. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

Bonesplitterz:
    • Savage Orruk Arrow Boyz
    • Wurrgog Prophet
    • Savage Big Boss
    • Big Stabbaz

Return to Index

4. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

Gloomspite Gitz:
    • Skragott the Loonking
    • Stabbas
    • Spore Splatter Fanatics
    • Sneaky Snufflers
    • Fungoid Cave Shaman
    • Loon Boss on Manger Squig
    • Dankhold Trogboss

Return to Index

5. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

6. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

Jason839 and Lizerd like this.
  7. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

8. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

9. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

10. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

11. Jason839
    Salamander

Jason839 Well-Known Member

This is amazing and incredibly helpful! Thank you so much for taking the time to make this!

12. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

I think you shouldn't just list why a certain unit is powerfull or a priority, but what you should do in certain circumstances to try and deal with them to minimize their impact or kill them as easily as possible (beyond just kill em ASAP, preferably from outside their range) when applicable.

E.g.:
    - focus hearthguard berserkers when they're outside of range for a supportive hero. Otherwise focus the hero first while trying to keep the berserkers busy.

- Witch aelves: try to avoid going into melee range unless you can kill them before they can hit you

- Morathi: only bother fighting her if you can still kill her (little point in trying to wound her if there's only 1 turn left and she still has 4+ wounds)

- Judicators: try to use small units to deal with them if they have their exploding magic crossbow

- Skullcrushers: try to deny them the charge

- tzaangor enlightend: count as daemons, excellent target for summon starlight. Also, surprisingly suspectible to battleshock with only 6 bravery and a bad save making them weirdly easy to wipe out for an elite unit.

Etc.

Not all of em will have that, but that is probably the most

13. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

I out line in the preamble that it is my intention to do so. I am having to build this up in stages due the shear volume of theory crafting required. I am about halfway through the first stage which is justifying the presence of a unit within the priority target tier. Then I will outline in broad terms how to best neutralize each target. After that I will add in specific tips for seraphon players. My goal to make a tool that is helpful to the broader community in addition to the members of lustria.

14. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

I should probably start reading introductions :oops: missed that bit and thought you were simply doing each unit completly before moving on to the next.

15. ravagekitteh
    Skink Chief

ravagekitteh Well-Known Member

This is such a fantastic resource - thanks for this! There are a couple of choices on this I would be intrigued about, but I’ll let you get on with some of your descriptions before I start asking any stupid questions!

16. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Also out of curiousity, how much of a threat is Tzeentch summoning? At 10 points minimum they seem to have too steep a cost for their summoning to be anywhere near as threatening as ours (with the exception of lesser Horrors being summoned due to greater Horrors being killed). Succesfully having 10 spells cast per turn seems rare, even if both armies are fairly heavy on wizards seeing as most wizards only have 1 spellcast & even wizard heavy armies rarely have more than 3 or 4 wizards in em. We can easily get a summon or two in per turn. They seem like they'd most likely need at least two turns for a single summon unless their opponent is so nice to be cooperative.

17. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

there summoning is mostly down to attrition summoning with there horrors there initiol summoning is pore but it makes pink horrors into a mutch bigger threat. that sead ya probably one of the weekest summoners

18. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Yeah, but horror summoning is 90% caused by bigger horrors dying. It makes it the only summoning where you end up with worse stuff than you started with. Also, it's the only summoning that's basicly a unit-ability (namely the horror-split rule) as opposed to a fullfledged allegiance mechanic. It's rather a weird one, though it is nicely thematic with the spellcasts and one of the few summoning versions that actually scales properly with game-size.

19. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

yup but unlike our summoning its free you don't have to give up spells so it makes a 1 wound model into a 3 wound tar pit it's reaaaly hard to chew through 20-30 pink horrors. i think tzeench beats sylvaneth in the summoning department and we are ether 2nd or 3rd.

20. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Well yeah, it makes horrors good, but that's not cuz of "summoning" it's cuz of what their split rule. Anyways, semantics I guess.

And horrors are accordingly increadibly expensive. I don't think there's any other unit that's as expensive yet has such a mediocre stat-line. Calling it "free" is a bit of a stretch, you pay a lot for the ability to spawn smaller horrors.

And as I said, I do think they're one of the better ones mechanicly. It's thematic, it scales, it offers clear oppertunities for counterplay. The only thing I find weird is how many spellcasts you need to do anything if no horrors have died to give you points.