1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Question on unit size

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Croak, May 3, 2017.

1. Croak
    Skink

Croak New Member

Still fairly new to aos an been checking a few of the army lists posted on here. I've noticed a lot of people tend to run their battle line units as 10 man squads and can't wrap my head around it, I get it's useful for objective games but you don't get any buffs on the unit unless it's 20 models or bigger. Am I just missing somethin or do I just have a really different play style to everyone else?

Bowser likes this.
  2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Mostly just using them for battleline tax. They are far more effective in groups. But if they aren't integral to your build, they're just there to fill the slot.

Lachlin likes this.
  3. Croak
    Skink

Croak New Member

Seems fair. in my last game had a sunblood and 10 Warriors rinse through 25 grave gaurd. they were part of formation so had extra attacks and rend, And re-rolls from the sunblood lol. Suppose can be useful for tarpit or to take a charge letting you set yourself up

Bowser likes this.
  4. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Yeah, that's normally it, chaff, or objective holders while the opponent is busychasing your big stuff.

5. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Meh, don't forget that big units are unyieldy & have a massive bullseye painted on them, doubly so thanks to battleshock. Horde units are extremely suspectable to battleshock as they generally aren't that sturdy and can actually lose enough men to guarantee a decimating route...

Take a unit of saurus warriors. At bravery 10 a unit of 10 is virtually immune to battleshock as it needs to lose half its troops in one go to even trigger. To trigger a route would require you to annihilate the entire unit in one go anyway.

However, a unit of 40 would route out once it loses just 25 man (the rest would just flee). Now factor in that a 40-man unit is a threat worth focussing, they're not too sturdy & since how unyieldy and big it is it won't be able to seek cover. And you have a very nice big blob of targetdummies for your enemy to shoot and/or stab at :p

And our seraphon would be one of the better horde units, at least they have 10 bravery. Stuff like skaven clannrats would be hilariously easy to route as battleshock effectivly doubles their losses with their low bravery.

Croak and Bowser like this.