1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Questions from newbie

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by TommyM, Jan 28, 2015.

1. TommyM
    Skink

TommyM New Member

Hi,
    These are probably very basic questions so apologies. My son and I started playing fantasy at xmas so it's all new.
    I couldn't find answers to these questions in the rulebook (although I'm sure they are there somewhere).

1. Can a wizard target a magic missile spell at a fleeing enemy? If the spell is successful, do they suffer wounds as normal or are they destroyed

2. If my unit declares a stand and shoot reaction and inflicts more than 25% casualties on the charging enemy, at what point does the charging unit stop and turn around?

Thanks for any help.

2. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

You can target a fleeing unit with a magical missile or direct damage spell. If the spell is successful they suffer wounds as normal. They are not automatically destroyed and they cannot take a panic test (as they are already fleeing). You can also cast hexes on enemy fleeing units or cast augments on friendly fleeing units.

You roll the stand and shoot immediately after the defender declares the charge reaction before moving the charging unit.

If the defender inflicts 25% casualties then the charger immediately takes a panic tests. If they fail, they flee from their original position upon declaring a charge (it's assumed they backed up after being shot at). If they pass their panic test, resolve the charge as normal. If a failed charge does not clear enough distance to get into range of the defender's shooting it is assumed that the chargers surged forward, took a few shots, then backed up.

3. TommyM
    Skink

TommyM New Member

Thanks for that :)