1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Razordon Blister

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Durak, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Durak
    Skink

Durak New Member

RazordonPack1.JPG

RazordonPack2.JPG

I just finished this blister up for economic gain; just thought I'd share! :)

2. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

This is, I think, the only Razordon model I've seen so far (other than the GW one). I'd say it looks quite good! Good job!

3. Aparach
    Troglodon

Aparach New Member

Awesome! Like it alot!
    Got any other pics of your army?

4. Deadmetal
    Saurus

Deadmetal New Member

really good, very much like the games workshop one, if that's what you were trying to replicate.

5. Bubba gar
    Skink

Bubba gar New Member

Very cool, Can't wait to get mine.Are they hard to paint with all the spines.How did you start.What browns did you start with.I love the skinks.

6. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Very cool. I like those skinks far better than the Gw ones, these fellows look more real and menacing. Nice work.

7. Durak
    Skink

Durak New Member

Thanks guys!

to paint this one similar to the studio colors, I did a base of graveyard earth to the skin (and later all the spins) then washed both with badba black. I painted the majority of the highlights etc with graveyard earth, then started adding pure white in probably 4-5 layers, using liberal amounts of water.

The spines: same method as the skin except I started highlighting with bleached bone till it was pure bleached bone, then a little bit of pure white into the mix for the final highlight. It was time consuming!

The scales were scorched brown highlighted up with pure white and then a very light badba black wash. Hope that helps!

8. gamesbluetiger
    Jungle Swarm

gamesbluetiger New Member

Very nice job. Been thinking about Razordons for my army, you just convinced me!!! :D