1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Razordons Conversion Ideas

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by JBOTT, Jul 29, 2018.

1. JBOTT
    Jungle Swarm

JBOTT New Member

Hello My fellow Lizardmen of Old and Seraphon of today was trying to get some ideas for Razordons conversion I am unfortunately not a fan of the GW sculpts any recommendations from people for alternatives out there?

2. claymore36
    Saurus

claymore36 Active Member

This may not be what you're looking for but I just trimmed up the legs of some spare cold ones so they were crawling across the ground and gave them a bunch of green stuff spikes. It was cheap and they look alright.

3. JBOTT
    Jungle Swarm

JBOTT New Member

Do you happen to have a photo :)

Dr Kaos likes this.
  4. Cromags
    Skink

Cromags Member

Also following this. Im really not a fan of the latest Salamander or Razordon sculpts.

I was considering buying Drakespawn Knights to use as my cold ones and the Seraphon Cold ones as Razordons/Salamanders (as i hate our cold ones too) but i think thats going to work out too expensive for how much use Cold One Knights are gonna see.

What about Khorne Flesh hounds?

5. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

I think I have seen such a conversion somewhere. Unfortunately you have to do a lot of greenstuff work on them to make them convincing.

6. Cromags
    Skink

Cromags Member

For the Flesh hounds or Cold Ones? I've seen a Cold One Razordon on here i think.

I was going to use that as a base for my Salamanders with neck frills similar to a dilophosaurus, but we'll see! The straps and saddle could be a problem. I liked the old Salamander, mainly for the dimetrodon look. But the sculpt really doesnt hold up does it...

7. Aginor
    Slann

I meant the flesh hounds.
    But there are also Drakespawn as Razordons already.
    Same problem though, they didn't really click for me.

8. claymore36
    Saurus

claymore36 Active Member

It’s a rough job but I’m okay settling.

Attached Files:

9. SaturatedMarket
    Jungle Swarm

SaturatedMarket New Member

Found this on the boards earlier, which shows the Dark Elf Cold Ones (Drakespawn) conversions:
    [​IMG]

Sunpriest and Aginor like this.
  10. Deed525
    Stegadon

Deed525 Well-Known Member

Hi, I’m also looking to recreate razordons myself (I’m doing a whole revamp of the seraphon line up) they are thus far the hardest to settle on what to do with - initially I thought flesh hounds (but I will be using them for salamanders) and I wanted to make my spikey guys more bulky, I’m still stumped other than making them from scratch.

11. Cromags
    Skink

Cromags Member

Think I'm going to be using these as my Salamanders, since it's basically what I was gonna do with the drakespawn anyway.
    Screenshot_20180801-200211__01.jpg

Aginor and Crowsfoot like this.
  12. Aginor
    Slann

I like those!
    Unless you play in a GW store or on an official tournament those will be fine.

13. Cromags
    Skink

Cromags Member

Yeah, I haven't even began to play yet but I'll mainly be playing at the local club, so that's fine. I couldn't bring myself to play inside a GW store.

If I played enough to go to tournaments I'd buy the correct models of course.

14. Aginor
    Slann

Because of social anxiety? That was my problem with it, but I actually managed to do it a few times now, after I got to know some of the guys there.

15. Cromags
    Skink

Cromags Member

More the GW stores in general. I wouldn't mind playing in independent stores at all and have done in the past. In the GW stores the staff are always pushy for sales, at least over here anyway... A lot of them they can be a glorified nursery for kids if in shopping centres too.

Thar plus the floor space has been massively cut over the years for local stores. Used to have a separate floor for tables to play on. Now there's one or two in a cramped selling floor.

16. Koriialstraz
    Temple Guard

Koriialstraz Well-Known Member

For me, I tried once, and it was something like my first or second times I played a game, so I didn't really know a lot. And I had to play with some players that had really lot more experience in the game. And they were all, "You don't have your book ? you don't know the FAQ ? What are you doing ? Play faster ! ". So I didn't have a fun game neither a great experience. Hopefully, I love to play with my friends.

17. Aginor
    Slann

Wow, that sounds pretty bad. Fortunately the people in my GW store are chill.

Koriialstraz likes this.
  18. Sunpriest
    Skink

Sunpriest Member

I'm doing a razordon conversion (sort of) right now. I'm using some gryph hounds and a lot of greenstuff. I think I need to work on my sculpting a bit but they look alright. The ruffs around their necks can look like spikes when all painted up. I'll post pictures when they're done.

19. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

I've never had positive experiences in official GW stores, when i went there for tournaments.

Luckily, our gaming store is much different.

Koriialstraz likes this.
  20. Koriialstraz
    Temple Guard

Koriialstraz Well-Known Member

I don't think that they are that bad, hopefully. Maybe it was that particular day. But I had the feeling that it was their place to play and was annoyed by some beginner coming to play. But, I don't care, like you say, it depends on the people, and there are some great people to play with, in my case, my friends. We have some difficulties to find time where we are all free, but when it's the case, we have some wonderful weekend where we play a lot, talk, eat and drink. :D

Aginor likes this.