1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Regarding Spawning Pools and the Old Ones on AoS.

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by NecridHydra, Oct 30, 2019.

1. NecridHydra
    Temple Guard

NecridHydra Well-Known Member

Hello there!

I've been collecting Lizardmen/Seraphon since 2004 or so. Recently I've started to paint my miniatures and I'd like that every unit to be born/touched/blessed by a different Old One.

Currently I have one unit of Saurus Warriors following the color scheme of Tzunki that I painted around 2005 or so and my second unit will follow the color scheme of Sotek.

I was wondering if the rest of units, like Saurus Knights or the Temple Guard can born touched by an Old One. It seems that Total War implies that Temple Guard can be touched by an Old One like this image says. I know that Saurus Knights are blessed by Itzl in order to ride a Cold One, but I don't know if they can be blessed by a second Old One, as I'd love to give them a Tepok color scheme.

I knew for sure that Saurus Warrios can, as you could in 6th Edition of Fantasy give them some extra skills, but you couldn't do that for the rest of unit of the army (but to Scar Vetrans and Old-Bloods). I've seen plenty images of different color schemes but sometimes they refer to the color as warpaint. So that makes me think that while a Seraphon isnt blessed by a particular god, they decide to follow it's teachings or whatever above the rest of Old Ones.

Thanks you very much.

LizardWizard likes this.
  2. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

normaly a saurus that is touched by a old one is a single spawning only one comes out and he is meant for greatness. they usually become scarvetrens and sunbloods. so you could have an army intierly made out of hero class saurus. or seeing as of now they are all conjured memories they can look like whatever the slann think they do giving you a bunch of options

3. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

the old ones seem to have largely dissappeared from the lore in AoS. So yeah at this point it's just warpaint or random patterns that happen to appear on the saurus following a particular slann.

4. NecridHydra
    Temple Guard

NecridHydra Well-Known Member

A shame that I have to justify my patterns as "warpaint" but I don't write the lore.

Thanks for your responses.

5. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

AoS is a game with a continuity with End Times. Aeons have passed, but even if the game is different, many armies are the legacy of Oldhammer.... and so many named heroes lived through the whole temporal arc.

So, you're welcome to justify your color patterns with everything you like from the Old World, being it different spawning pools, touch by the Old Ones, marks of Sotek... everything, even if in AoS those things are no more.
    Since we are mostly memories of Slanns that lived in Lustria, you can easily say that the Slann likes to remember / imagine things in that way, so the Slann calls from the past the image of an Oldblood who was touched by the Old Ones, hence the particular color scheme.

6. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

technically you can even just say your army is just a bunch of survivors and they're all aeons old. Given that no seraphon dies of old age it's technically possible (albeit increadibly unlikely and they should've become sunbloods by now, but details :p)