1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Rumour: GW's "Law of War"

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Slanputin, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Slanputin
    Carnasaur

Slanputin Well-Known Member

GW said they'd be listening to feedback, perhaps this will be the first iteration of this:

DanBot and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  2. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

It's a start.

3. DanBot
    Ripperdactil

DanBot Member

I'm not sold that a points system is the answer since, the actual value of a unit varies depending on what is across the table from it. I feel an average can be determined and assigned, but that isn't without flaw. Not every match will be balanced using a points system like that. And I feel like GW isn't particularly good at accurately assigning points values to units. At the same time, I am definitely not satisfied with the what I'm seeing here. I feel like a points system would be more accurate still. But I'm not seeing every criteria yet, or every Rule of Law. I am glad to see they are trying something.

4. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Interesting approach,
    I'm curious to see the abilities
    on the Law of War scrolls. :meh:

5. KingCheops
    Temple Guard

KingCheops Active Member

Actually it works pretty damn well in Blood Bowl. Sometimes you'd get a bum card or just never had the opportune moment to play it but as a catch up for lacking team points it worked pretty well. As with most things however it comes down to player skill and in my experience the guys drawing cards in Blood Bowl were generally newer players who didn't have the experience to use them correctly.