1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog Sacred army of... you decide!

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by kkabba_, Jun 10, 2015.

1. kkabba_
    Jungle Swarm

kkabba_ New Member

Morning all (UK time that is!)..

Let me introduce myself first, I have collected warhammer fantasy from the age of 13 to begin with and after a 5/6 years hiatus i returned a year ago and picked up where I left off with my Chaos Dwarf forces!. I have now finished the stunties and I now turn to my original army.. The Lizardmen.

I love everything about them and what draws me to them more than anything is their links to Aztec/ Mayan culture which I had a profound interest in as a youngster and also, I am a bit of a Dino Nerd!.

I have decided to start this blog (the first I have ever done) in order to document my beginnings from nothing to hopefully, in a few months time, to be a fledging lizardmen force!. I also hope that a blog like this will help spur on my hobby and give me plenty of "oomph" to get moving with my miniatures :D.

To begin with I have completed my first unit which is a unit of 30 skink cohort!. I hope you enjoy them and I appreciate any suggestions or tips!.

Finally.. As per my title I have not come up with a name for my host! And as such in hoping some of the members on the forum will be able to assist me with that!, unfortunately I have not come up with any background fluff yet either which could of helped with that!.

Now to the blog...

My first unit of 30 cohort was decided in as I will eventually be running tetto'eko... And like any great hero he needs a bodyguard!.

Colour scheme wise I decided to go with the basic blue scheme as it was simple, I like blue and it allows me to get "use" to the miniatures before elaborating my paint scheme, my next set of skinks already have different markings decided!.

I love mixing up miniatures old and new, hence why when I decided to run a skink cohort I just had to integrate an old 5th edition style command group into them. I also feel it gives them some added identity! (At least in my area!).

Finally you will notice my weapons are a dark green with basic green highlights/ edging. I opted to give them a form of green obsidian weapons as I never quite understood the practicality of gold on the fighting weapons.. :p

Attached Files:

n810 and Crowsfoot like this.
  2. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Welcome aboard and nought rong wi dem skinks!

Maybe a bit more highlighting on the shields but nothing to worry about.

kkabba_ likes this.
  3. kkabba_
    Jungle Swarm

kkabba_ New Member

Thanks crowsfoot!

And yeah I agree that they could use some highlighting! Thanks for the input :).

4. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

You have a nice clean painting style.

Gold looking weapons = bronze (copper+tin). It is one of the options for non-ferrous armies.

kkabba_ likes this.
  5. kkabba_
    Jungle Swarm

kkabba_ New Member

Thanks for the tips :)