1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Salamander Unit

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by fer, Feb 4, 2009.

1. fer
    Saurus

fer New Member

I am trying out the color scheme for my new lizardmen army...could use some feedback if these images are decent enough to see :)

my idea is to have the scales vary with each unit...so red for the salamander unit, blue for saurus, green for skinks, etc etc..the skin will be the same across the army for all units

thoughts and criticism is more then welcome.

cheers!

Attached Files:

2. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

I like the color sceme, try googling corn snake for some ideas for patterns and such

3. Deadmetal
    Saurus

Deadmetal New Member

I'm trying to paint a salamander. The skinks are a light green colour and I want my sally's coulor scheme to clash with that of the skink's :jawdrop: . Any1 got any ideas? :smug:

4. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

@ fer: It might just be the picture, but your models seem really flat. Try using some of the Citadel Washes to get some good shading and highlights going on in there.

@ Deadmetal: Bright orange would clash with green very nicely. So would blue or yellow, as long as they are very bright to contrast the colors of your Skink handlers.

5. fer
    Saurus

fer New Member

turns out my issue with the models was many layers of not enough color variation, so looking really close to the model you can see good highlighting and separation, but at arms length they look flat like you were saying..

so these guys have since has a heavy dark wash and starting on my other models I am going for larger color changes and better technique with drybrushing...will post up some of those once I have more done and they aren't primarily the work of the guy giving me advice :)

thanks!

As for colors on salamanders, since they breathe fire...RED!!! just be careful they don't end up looking like a xmas tree unit :p

6. Deadmetal
    Saurus

Deadmetal New Member

Thanks guys. I think I'll try with light blue. If that fails I'll strip the pain and try with the yellow. Then with the orange. Not sure about the orange though. But thanks anyway.

7. jay.sar87
    Skink

jay.sar87 New Member

I like the colour scheme you've used. Once everything is painted and marching accross the battlefield you'd be able to see the roles they play from their colour markings.

It would be interesting too because you could write up some background fluff about the chnages in skin pigments or something?