1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Saurus 2k List (new player!)

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Mikesnail, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Mikesnail
    Jungle Swarm

Mikesnail New Member

Hey All,

I have only recently started playing Sigmar (I used to play 40K here and there), but have always enjoyed painting.

Long story short - I bought the Seraphon Start Collecting box, and fell in love with the models... and want to build up an army.

I wont lie, I get confused reading the battletomes! Thankfully the warscroll builder helps, but when it comes to picking alegiences/hosts etc I am a little lost.

Onto to the list idea - I am leaning toward a saurus-centric list. I dont care too much about being competitive, but it has to be fun to play (i.e, not fall apart in turn one!) - quite honestly most models in the list are chosen because i think i would enjoy painting them!

Here is what i am thinking:

LEADERS
    • Saurus Oldblood on Carnosaur (250)
    • Saurus Scar-Veteran on Carnosaur (210)
    • Slann Starmaster (260)
    • Skink Oracle on Troglodon (260)

UNITS

• 10 x Saurus Guard (200)
    • 10 x Saurus Knights (200)
    • 10 x Saurus Warriors (90)

BEHEMOTHS
    • Dread Saurian (510)

That gives me 1980 points.
    LEADERS: 4/6 BATTLELINES: 3 (3+) BEHEMOTHS: 4/4

In my head i think it would make for a pretty display on the tabletop... how well it would play I honestly have no clue.

It would be great to get your thoughts - firstly on whether the list is just a disaster from the get-go, but if it has some legs then what would be useful in terms of artifacts, Coalesced/starborne, factions and all those other things I am still trying to get my head around!

Much appreciated,

Mike.

LizardWizard likes this.
  2. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Welcome to lustria!

Unlike 40k, AoS is a lot less about killing enemy units and a lot more about holding objectives. Your 3 best units to do so are only 10 models strong. So your list's current primary weakness is a lack of bodies.

While the Troglodon is a beautiful model, it is over costed for what it does. Dropping the Trog to up the model count on Knights or Warriors would be a good use of those points.

Dr.Doom and Putzfrau like this.
  3. Mikesnail
    Jungle Swarm

Mikesnail New Member

Thanks LizardWizard - thats really useful to know.

So i need more bodies on the ground - ditching the toglodon would let me take an additional 20 warriors and 5 knights... which definitely seems like a reasonable trade-off. You are right though, its a lovely looking model :(

Dr.Doom and LizardWizard like this.