1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Saurus Guard's Eternal Starhost ability

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by atmosaurus, Oct 15, 2016.

1. atmosaurus
    Jungle Swarm

atmosaurus New Member

So I'm curious how to interpret the wording on when the D3 damage triggers. I don't have the battletome but I've read the rules for it verbatim somewhere, as well as the summary of it on the thread here on battalions, and it says if the temple guard don't move or charge 'that turn' then their D3 damage triggers. Does this mean that if I move or charge Temple Guard on my turn, then when my opponent goes and takes his turn I can trigger the D3 damage once we get to his combat phase, because the Temple Guard haven't moved 'this' turn (as it's now his turn, a 'new' turn)? Or do the rules say somewhere in 'YOUR' previous turn?

I really wish the Battalions were available for free somewhere like the warscrolls are.

Bowser likes this.
  2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

No, it goes for one full battle round. So not moving on opponents turn doesn't count if you moved on your turn.

3. atmosaurus
    Jungle Swarm

atmosaurus New Member

Ok, thanks! That's how I figured it worked, as it would be just way too good otherwise. Does the rule for it say "if they didn't move in this battle round?" or "this turn"? That's where the question comes from for me. I think a lot of the ambiguities in the rules could be very easily remedied if GW used more careful language and certain keywords, the way Wizards of the Coast does with Magic: the Gathering card design.

Like, 'turn' should ALWAYS only refer to one half of the battle round, one of the players' turns.

4. m0gstar
    Temple Guard

m0gstar Well-Known Member

In the event that the opponent gets a double turn, then you would be dealing the d3 damage during his second go.

Bowser likes this.
  5. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Remember that "pile in" does not happen in the movement phase, so if you don't move and then you are charged, you pile in and you'll have the battallion's bonus.

m0gstar and Bowser like this.