1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Saurus spawnling, reporting for duty!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by TheMalteseMisfit, Mar 19, 2016.

1. TheMalteseMisfit
    Jungle Swarm

TheMalteseMisfit Member

Hi guys! So, I'm sort of new to Warhammer and tabletop games in general. I say sort of because I bought myself a lizardmen battalion last summer, am still painting it and haven't had a single battle yet (I'm a slow painter and easily get distracted with other stuff). I've looked up loads of tutorials (painting, converting and Lizardmen alike) and I've also been lurking on this site since I chose Lizardmen. Finally, I decided to take the plunge.

So about me in general; the name's Will, I'm from Malta (small island south of Sicily), in my twenties, am recently graduated and started working as a nurse. Love playing games like LoL, BF, Assassin's Creed, and even Runescape (childhood game, don't judge me :p). Another hobby is reading books with rather long stories (e.g. aSoIaF, LotR). Also, for those of you interested, I love long walks in the jungle and relaxing in spawning pools over a candlelit dinner ;D

My painted army consists of 12 skinks (base painted), 10 TG (base painted), 20 saurus warriors (base painted, need to be redone since I left the flash/mould on *facepalm*), a star priest (practically finished, just needs a few touch ups), and a sunblood which is still a WIP (he's still Gor Rok to me, though I may name him Rok Gor for fluff purposes). Also I have 8 CoC, 2 warchiefs and a jungle swarm blister pack which haven't been started (I bought the latter 2 since I know they're no longer in production and my local store had some left for sale).

I got into WHBF because once during a weekend break, a mate of mine brought some ghouls of his (he plays VC and has some TK units) to paint/assemble and my inner self was like; Must. Have. So after going to the local "GW store" multiple times, staring endlessly at all the battalions, and looking up "Which army is right for you" guides, I finally went with my childhood fascination of Dinosaurs.

And there you have it. Can't wait to get stuck in with the community, get myself into some battles, and constantly badger you lot with questions about how to get this paint effect or why I'm always losing by round 2! :p

Warden, Jorgik, Otzi'mandias and 3 others like this.
  2. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Welcome to the forum. Questions are always good so ask away. There are many talented people on here so I'm sure you'll always find some useful advice. And don't be shy to share some advice yourself! Look forward to your contributions.

TheMalteseMisfit likes this.
  3. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Welcome aboard! Hopefully you find everything you need!

TheMalteseMisfit likes this.
  4. TheMalteseMisfit
    Jungle Swarm

TheMalteseMisfit Member

Thanks for the welcome! Most of my techniques have already been stolen borrowed from the forums here, especially the thread on how to paint minis that has links to loads of great tutorials. Maybe someday I'll be able to create some techniques of my own and share them with you :)

Jorgik likes this.
  5. Toltecatl
    Razordon

Toltecatl Well-Known Member

welcome on the forum mate! have fun discovering the hobby and games, hope to see your minis soon :D

6. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

Welcome to the forums!

We look forward to your contributions.

7. Jorgik
    Carnasaur

Jorgik Well-Known Member

CanĀ“t but repeat all what was said!

8. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning