1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Saurus Warrior loadout

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Batch, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Batch
    Cold One

Batch Active Member

Alright, so expanding my army size by about 40 Saurus Warriors, mainly for summoning via Slann or EoTG, question being I assume for the unit of 10 use clubs.

But the unit of 20 that can be summoned, which can create a nice blockade if we need it, well Spears or Clubs? Im guessing a rank and file of two rows so a back row can also attack via spears. But whats the general consensus?

Cheers

LizardWizard likes this.
  2. Putzfrau
    Skar-Veteran

Putzfrau Well-Known Member

With appropiate honeycombing you can get most of two rows attacking with clubs.

LizardWizard likes this.
  3. fued
    Skink

fued Member

I find spears far more useful if you go a unit of 30 or 40. Units of 10-20 clubs tend to be better

LizardWizard likes this.
  4. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

I built all of mine with spears because I intend to use them in large units.
    And yes, if you have the space to properly honeycomb then clubs are strictly better.
    I just find that hard to do.

LizardWizard likes this.
  5. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

I had this very discussion about math and honeycombing a while back. I am not the math genius that crunched it and I wish I could recall who it was so I could give them credit, but it came out that (accounting for an average of best scenario with perfect honeycomb and worst with minimal possible, the to hit/to wound difference, range difference and no external bonuses [swarm only]) spears and clubs were ~equal at 24, with spears becoming MUCH more favorable at 31+, and clubs becoming MUCH more favorable at 17-. don't ask me to redo the math.... its beyond my ability. I just recall the 24 being ~equal and its 7 in either direction lol.

6. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

I agree. If you have 20 Saurus Warriors and they get hit before they get to swing then you wont have to worry about getting a second rank into combat.