1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Save modifiers when attacked in cover

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Stevie754, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Stevie754
    Skink

Stevie754 Member

Hi, I'm new to everything Warhammer and this site has been so helpful in getting up to speed. I love the lore and look of Seraphon and have went with them for my first army.

I have a question about the +1 to save when a unit is attacked in cover. If the charging/piling in unit gets all its units into cover when attacking back do they also get a +1 to their save rolls?

Also in the following turns do both units have +1 to save or does it cancel out?

On top of this the +3 save chameleon skinks get when in cover if the +1 to save cancels when both units are in cover do they drop to a +2?

Thanks for any help.

Bowser likes this.
  2. Seraphage
    Stegadon

Seraphage Well-Known Member

When EVERY SINGLE unit is in cover, they do get +1 even to the combat phase and this remains as long as all of the units are inside the cover.

This goes for all of the units that are inside any type of cover. It doesnt cancel out or anything similar.

Saves don't get cancelled as mentions but even if they would, it would go to 4+ as you would lose +1 ! :p They are always to 3+ in cover.

Hope that helped a bit :D

Ecozh and Bowser like this.
  3. m0gstar
    Temple Guard

m0gstar Well-Known Member

A unit that charges does not get the cover save bonus on the turn that it charges. They will benefit from it the next turn provided try are still in combat at that point.

Bowser likes this.
  4. m0gstar
    Temple Guard

And as for the chameleons, their ability specifically states that the 3+ save includes the cover save. So they will not go to 2+

Bowser likes this.
  5. Stevie754
    Skink

Stevie754 Member

Hi,

When I read it back I noticed I misworded the +1 to save. I meant the chameleon skinks would lose +1 from their 3up for being in cover and would end up at 4+ not that they got an extra +1 onto their save rolls.

Thanks for the replies and clearing this up for me.
    A friend of mine tried to play saying that once 2 units are in combat the modifiers for being in cover offset but he wasn't able to show me anything in the rules relating to it so wanted to check how everyone else played it.

Bowser likes this.
  6. m0gstar
    Temple Guard

Cool cool. In a sense the modified make both units have a better save, so theoretically cancelling it the advantage one unit may gain over another one, but effectively both units just become more survivable - except the charging unit on the turn they charged as I mentioned before. You should still apply the +1 save as opposed to saying the benefits cancel out and use an unmodified save roll

Bowser likes this.