1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scum and Villainy game thread!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Revered_Guardian, Sep 21, 2009.

1. Revered_Guardian
    Troglodon

Revered_Guardian New Member

The game is divided into two parts, night time where the assassins operate and day time where everyone operates. Note that no one will know exactly how many assassins there are except the assassins themselves.

Night-time:

NO ONE CAN POST! The only exception to this is if you were killed during the day. In this case you are allowed to just say good-bye but give NO information/final thoughts on actual gameplay. Wait until the game is over for that. If someone does say good-bye, wait to comment on it until AFTER the dawn breaks. Also, If you die then you are DEAD. Stay that way. No longer offer suggestions for who you think it was and such.

Day-time:

This is where you are all active and talk about what happened Discuss what happened the previous night and try to figure out who the assassins are. Remember, the assassins are blended in to the society and thus will partake in the discussions and can try to put blame on other people or prove their innocence if accused, as anyone accused will try to do.

Executing: Every day you are allowed to execute one person. This is the people’s somewhat brutal way of trying to find and remove the assassin. You vote in order to kill someone. A simple majority wins this (50% of people left or the highest voted if abstain is in the minority), and as night falls the chosen person is executed thus if they are an assassin they will take no further part in the killings or discussions. I may or may not reveal the identity of the person, whether they were innocent or not, I may just give a clue or two. Obviously if there are no assassins left no one will be murdered at night and the game will be over so it will be revealed.

The only way I will accept a vote is in this form:

Vote: username

Note that you do NOT have to execute anyone. Especially in the first day or two, there will be little information so you may choose not to vote to kill someone if you want. You should mention that you are abstaining with an abstain vote so I know when everyone has put their voice out and it is safe to go to night. Eg. Vote: Abstain

If you want to discuss something out of character then state OOC before your information. And the most important rule: HAVE FUN!

So ask any questions you like and sign up here! When there are enough people, it will begin.

Short Summary:

When I say night, no one is to post, I will be PMING assassins short summaries of what exactly happened to the person they "marked" (used a keyword on), in the morning you may post again, and do actions you would normally do on a ship.
    ------

Setting: You are a bunch of sailors that have set out for the new world in search of gold and other riches to bring back. However, there is alot of competition. On the fifth day of your voyage, your captain is assassinated, along with the only one of you that knows how to navigate. Now a ship lost at sea, you sleep awkwardly at nights, knowing that they could very well be your last.... today is a new day, and the survivors awaken
    -----

Strew
    Dumbledore
    hellbreaker
    E-warden
    kroxigor1
    Lazy
    Hunted!!
    Crimsontide
    celtic
    Krox ftw

2. Celticfire
    Chameleon Skink

Celticfire New Member

Having Stowed away, i finally break free of tha wee barrel i been sittin' in. i do now be participating in tha game. me kilt do be tattereted an' torn, so i's in need o' few coins. i do be welcomin' myself to dis crew and am a wonderin if anyone has any scotch, for salt water do taste turrable.

3. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

You're a bit late to be asking for scotch, lad. Tis why Imma swaying more than th' ship in that storm las' night. Ya might be able ta squeeze a few more drops out of tha bottle, if ye do then save some for tha rest of us will ya!

This lad I'll be keepin an eye on, for who is more likely to be doin tha killin than a stowaway?

4. crimsontide
    Skink

crimsontide New Member

ARRGGGHHHH!

5. Thebestlazyguy
    Saurus

Thebestlazyguy New Member

Aye, boy, you best be careful till we can make it to land, else e'ryone will be on you in a second. What with the captain and the navigator dead, they'll be looking for anyone actin suspicious.

6. Celticfire
    Chameleon Skink

Celticfire New Member

Who do be actin' spuspicous? I jus wanna bit o' scotch. there donna be nothin' for me ta do so if nonaya mind, i think il be playin a wee bit o' the pipes. *pulls out bagpipes and starts a playing jig*

7. Eternity_Warden
    Terradon

Eternity_Warden New Member

I will dance to your tune, as I am a nimble and dignified elf, unlike you coarse, inarticulate sailors.

8. hellbreaker
    Troglodon

hellbreaker New Member

'Ey lads!
    Go' monin' and we dun 'appen to 'ave any rum left, do we? No.
    Ah well then, I'll go get me self sum grog.

9. Celticfire
    Chameleon Skink

Celticfire New Member

OOC: You try typing in a scottish brogue!!!

10. Eternity_Warden
    Terradon

I would take a stab at it, Celtic, but my knife isn't sharp. (haha I made a pun! :D )

11. Celticfire
    Chameleon Skink

Celticfire New Member

*mumbles around the chanter ...and neither is your head. *out loud ...haha your a very funny elf.

12. Eternity_Warden
    Terradon

You just can't handle the fact that I'm a born comedian. :meh:

13. KroxigorsFTW
    Razordon

KroxigorsFTW New Member

Is it still to late to hop in and have another game?

14. Revered_Guardian
    Troglodon

"Man overboard!!!!!!!!" A cry comes from the stern of the ship, where you can see a man clinging hopelessly to a piece of debris...you struggle to pull him aboard...

"Well, looks like he's the only survivor...what is your name boy?"

"KroxigorFTW"

:D your in

15. KroxigorsFTW
    Razordon

KroxigorsFTW New Member

Haha, nice way of saying yes. Cool, i'm in.

16. hellbreaker
    Troglodon

hellbreaker New Member

*Returns to deck*

'Ey mateys!
    I have me sum grog, you want sum?

17. Thebestlazyguy
    Saurus

Thebestlazyguy New Member

I think i'll help myself to a bit of your grog, and a bit of bread if we 'ave any.

18. Celticfire
    Chameleon Skink

Celticfire New Member

*sets aside the pipes* i do be having some. watchin' skinny elves attemptin' what they do believe to be a dance i'tiring work.

EDIT: spelling/Brogue

19. crimsontide
    Skink

crimsontide New Member

I'll take me some grog! It be tiring work, bein' an pira-- I mean bein' a sailor! ARGGHHH!

20. Revered_Guardian
    Troglodon

Slowly the sailors retire to their beds, letting the ship move in the ocean...it didnt really matter, they were completely lost anyways.

As morning approached, a splash awoke the startled sailors, all rushing to the deck, finding the body of Celtic floating in the water