1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scum and Villainy rules and signup thread!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by strewart, Jul 31, 2009.

1. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Welcome to scum and villainy everyone. Here are the rules, and this thread is where the game will be played when enough people join. Very short summary of the rules is provided at the bottom of the thread if you can't be bothered reading this wall. ;)

The game is divided into two parts, night time where the assassins operate and day time where everyone operates. Note that no one will know exactly how many assassins there are except the assassins themselves.

Night-time:

NO ONE CAN POST! The only exception to this is if you were killed during the day. In this case you are allowed to just say good-bye but give NO information/final thoughts on actual gameplay. Wait until the game is over for that. If someone does say good-bye, wait to comment on it until AFTER the dawn breaks. Also, If you die then you are DEAD. Stay that way. No longer offer suggestions for who you think it was and such.

At night, the assassins discuss with each other (via PM) who they want to kill, and then send their choice to me. Night only needs to last as long as the assassins take to decide, so it could really only go for 8 hours or so.

Day-time:

This is where you are all active and talk about what happened Discuss what happened the previous night and try to figure out who the assassins are. Remember, the assassins are blended in to the society and thus will partake in the discussions and can try to put blame on other people or prove their innocence if accused, as anyone accused will try to do.

Executing: Every day you are allowed to execute one person. This is the people’s somewhat brutal way of trying to find and remove the assassin. You vote in order to kill someone. A simple majority wins this (50% of people left or the highest voted if abstain is in the minority), and as night falls the chosen person is executed thus if they are an assassin they will take no further part in the killings or discussions. I may or may not reveal the identity of the person, whether they were innocent or not, I may just give a clue or two. Obviously if there are no assassins left no one will be murdered at night and the game will be over so it will be revealed.

The only way I will accept a vote is in this form:

Vote: username

Note that you do NOT have to execute anyone. Especially in the first day or two, there will be little information so you may choose not to vote to kill someone if you want. You should mention that you are abstaining with an abstain vote so I know when everyone has put their voice out and it is safe to go to night. Eg. Vote: Abstain

If you want to discuss something out of character then state OOC before your information. And the most important rule: HAVE FUN!

The Setting:

This game is set in a medieval/fantasy style castle, there is a gathering of nobles from all around the land. The assassins are disguised as nobles and are attempting to murder everyone then escape. The true nobles are attempting to discover the identity of the assassins and kill them first. This is role playing so get into character as much as you like, develop whatever personality you like from cautious to bloodthirsty. Assassins messaging me may add additional information such as what weapon they are using or where/how they will kill the target and I will include this, its optional and I will otherwise make it up myself.

So ask any questions you like and sign up here! When there are enough people, it will begin.

Short Summary:

When I say it is night, assassins will PM me with their target. After that, it will be day and the dead person will be shown, during day people will discuss who they think it is and vote to execute a suspect to try to stop the murders. The game ends when either the innocents are all dead, or the assassins are all dead.

2. kroxigor01
    Ripperdactil

kroxigor01 Member

I'm in. How many people are you aiming for?

3. Gexmofia
    Skink

Gexmofia New Member

sound fun, too bad my time zone is messed up.

4. strewart
    OldBlood

I'm hoping to get at least 10 people, but if there are 6 or 7 in a week or so I'll run it anyway.

@Gexmofia, there is no need to worry about timezones. It is not a literal day and night, day in the game can last several real days or even up to a week, and the length of night doesn't really matter unless you are an assassin.

5. hellbreaker
    Troglodon

hellbreaker New Member

Count me in!

But I got a funny feeling I'll be killed first...

Cheers!

6. KroxigorsFTW
    Razordon

KroxigorsFTW New Member

Baring that in mind, i'm doing it, if you want me.

7. kroxigor01
    Ripperdactil

kroxigor01 Member

(bump)

No one else?

8. Keith
    Skink

Keith New Member

I'd like to participate.

9. Eternity_Warden
    Terradon

Eternity_Warden New Member

Sounds fun! I'm in!

When do you think the game will start?

I hope the first victim will die like this:
    :mad:

10. strewart
    OldBlood

I was hoping to get started by the end of the week, provided we have enough people. There are 6 signed up now, if you know others that might be interested let them know. :)

So far:
    kroxigor01
    Gexmofia
    hellbreaker
    KroxigorsFTW
    Keith
    Eternity_Warden

Keep em coming!

11. The Hunted
    Carnasaur

The Hunted Active Member

Sounds cool, count me in :meh:

I always lurk around on this forum so i can do something Non-lizardmen once in a while :D

The Hunted

12. Carlo Marx
    Cold One

Carlo Marx New Member

Sounds like a good ol' time. I'm in.

13. strewart
    OldBlood

Well, 8 people. I wanted a couple more, but this will be enough to run and I don't want to keep the already signed up people waiting for too long. Another game can always run later if this one sees success.

I can't promise exactly 24 hours, but the game will start probably tomorrow and definitely this weekend. Keep an eye on your inbox in case you are (one of) the assassin(s).

So far:
    kroxigor01
    Gexmofia
    hellbreaker
    KroxigorsFTW
    Keith
    Eternity_Warden
    The Hunted
    Carlo Marx

14. strewart
    OldBlood

Alright, the game has started now. Feel free to act in character, introduce yourself, indulge in general banter or whatever you like. The assassin(s) have been chosen and notified, it is now evening with an opening banquet for this gathering.

Thanks to all who signed up, I hope you enjoy the game.

15. kroxigor01
    Ripperdactil

kroxigor01 Member

*Quaffs some Ale at the banquet*

Wait no, I'm an elf not a dwarf...

*Takes a drop of strawberry wine*
    *Feels light-headed*
    There I think I'm in character now.

The first action I will take in my new Elf form will be to proclaim; I am not an assassin! Please don't kill me!

Wait, that's what an assassin will say... Ah! But would an assassin have said THAT?, therefore arousing suspicion apon himself? No of course not! Therefore I cannot be an assassin (unless I was also only saying that last sentence to once again cover my tracks... Hmmm o_O ).

Oh damn, I'm dead aren't I.

Quick! Accuse someone to deflect attention!

16. strewart
    OldBlood

Signed and sealed. Would you like a coffin or cremation, good sir? For a limited time only our range of coffins come with a FREE sword of might in case you are risen by a necromancer!

17. kroxigor01
    Ripperdactil

kroxigor01 Member

How about a Power stone and access to the Lore of Life?

18. KroxigorsFTW
    Razordon

KroxigorsFTW New Member

So what now? Do we wait for night for someone to get killed? THen just try to figure out who?

19. hellbreaker
    Troglodon

hellbreaker New Member

Greetings mighty leaders of lus- I mean nobles of Ulthuan...

I'm am Hellbreaker and screwed up the 'h' in my name at the time of registering.

Now, who's up for some poker until nightfall?

Cheers!

20. Eternity_Warden
    Terradon

Eternity_Warden New Member

So we are in Ulthuan?

I might just sneak off to have fun on my own, never been a social type...

I wonder what happens if I sabotage the great warding...

Yeah, that should be fun...

Hey! The door's locked! No fair! How can I break important things if I'm stuck in this castle!