1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sealterbloind is finally coming back

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Sealterbloind, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Sealterbloind
    Cold One

Sealterbloind Active Member

Hello everybody!

I'm no newbie in here, but I had a long break from all things WH related, and the FaBa turning into Age of Sigmar didn't help to gain the motivation to get back to the game. However, I have had my beloved Lizardmen in my mind in the past few weeks, and I have finally decided to try to get back to the WH hobby I once loved so much.~ I will continue to play them as Lizardmen with the old Fantasy Battle rules instead of playing them as "Seraphon" from the Age of Sigmar, but hopefully there's still someone who's interested in the "old" version of them. :)

To those who don't know or remember me, I'm a 22yo reptile loving lady from Finland. I bought my Lizardmen army back from 2012 when I started dating my beloved who introduced me to the game (he plays OnG btw). My hobbies are drawing, painting and games, and I work as a graphic designer. My favorite model from Lizardmen is the gorgeous Troglodon and my favorite character is Chakax.~ <3

Slanputin, Warden, Toltecatl and 2 others like this.
  2. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Welcome back veteran.

3. Sealterbloind
    Cold One

Thanks man, it's good to see familiar faces :>

4. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Welcome aboard! Hopefully you find what you need here!

5. Toltecatl
    Razordon

Toltecatl Well-Known Member

So thats yet another epic come-back !! How exciting, welcome back :)
    there are still lots of wfb-oriented lizzies around here, dont worry. Also, all the best with trying not to spend absolutely all of your time on painting again :p

Bowser likes this.
  6. spawning of Bob
    Skar-Veteran

spawning of Bob Well-Known Member

Hooray! Finally more Itza Chaq Khanx the Prophet of Destruction.

You came back 6 days too late for the first L-O Art Competition so more prizes for the rest of us. You can still vote, and I am sure you will be in for the next art comp (Starting May).

Seeing as how we have gone all visual arty in the last few months, it would be great if your reposted your white slann, Valentines and other arts in your own thread in the L-O fluff subforum.

The other news is that we are up to our sixth Short Story competition and you have heck of a lot of reading to catch up on. The story comp entries and other excellent fiction can be found in the Lustriapedia.

There was something else about painting and modelling, and I think I heard something about playing some kind of "game" but that is on the parts of the forum where the cool kids don't go.

Slanputin and Bowser like this.
  7. Sealterbloind
    Cold One

Thanks pal! It's nice to hear that there's still people who play the old WH FaBa. ^^ I have huge plans already, now I just have to decide where to start ;)

You can't understand how awesome it is to see that some people here still actually remember me. And oh my gosh, you even searched my character's fluff ! And you still remember my artworks!! Oh man, I must have really impressed you O___O I really didn't think that anyone would remember me THAT well.

But hey, thanks for the warm welcome, I really appreciate it. ^^ Thank you also for telling about these competitions and fluff stuff, I'll have to look them more closely! I'm really looking forward for the art contest! :3 Oh, and I actually voted already to the April's art competition ^^

Slanputin, Toltecatl, Jorgik and 2 others like this.
  8. spawning of Bob
    Skar-Veteran

spawning of Bob Well-Known Member

I only searched your character fluff to check the spelling - I remember Itza's spawning very well. You really should combine your fluff background, converted model and his rule-set into the one thread.

And, like a creepy stalker, I have tried to tag you a few times since the forum upgrade a year ago.

Valentine's has become topical again this week (for some weird reason) - you could post that image onto that thread if you wanted.

Bowser likes this.
  9. Slanputin
    Carnasaur

Slanputin Well-Known Member

Never doubt Bob's capacity to mine the dusty warrens of the forum based on a glib reference or disturbed memory. I have suspicion that his egg-helm is covering a second brain for archiving. If he were my wife I doubt I'd survive an argument. Fortunately he's just my critic so instead I curl up and cry when picks apart my fluff.

Anyway. Welcome back!

There's plenty of supporters/fans of the previous edition/9th Age so i'm sure you'll find plenty of support here. Plus, you know, fluff competitions which I may or may not have set the theme for this time and thus feel responsible for its success/demise.

*HINT HINT*

http://www.lustria-online.com/threads/april-may-2016-short-story-contest.17696/

10. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Welcome back, are there any pictures of your painted models up yet?

11. Sealterbloind
    Cold One

12. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Nah.
    Skink scribes is the answer. ;)

13. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

Welcome back!

I'm one of them. I have no quarrel with Age of Sigmar players and will do what I can as a moderator to help facilitate their hobby enjoyment at L-O, but I just prefer to play 8th edition. And if I can't find anyone willing to play a "dead" game, Kings of War is a lot closer to 8th edition than Age of Sigmar.

Well your art is awesome. And you were posting art BEFORE it became most of current artists had begun doing so. Now we are in a sort of art renaissance in the fluff subforum. Also Bob didn't have to search very hard. I included your fluff piece and author profile in the Lustriapedia Archive section.

Never before has one of our Archive authors returned to us. What a glorious day this is for the Old Ones!

spawning of Bob likes this.
  14. Hyperborean
    Ripperdactil

Hyperborean Well-Known Member

HIGH FIVE FOR RETURN OF MORE ART!

Though I do not know you, welcome back!

Scalenex, spawning of Bob and Warden like this.