1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Season 2 of One Punch Man is finally here!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Scalenex, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

Albeit one episode at a time. Still, I was looking forward to this more than Game of Thrones, more than the Tick.

I haven't seen anything yet but I'm hoping there will be an over the top villains with a ridiculous backstory that Saitama beats really easy which makes him kind of depressed. Also he won't get the credit he deserves.

What do you think the odds of me getting my wish?

There are series that I like more than One Punch Man, but I think I like One Punch Man more than any other media that is still ongoing. I like to deconstruct stories as an aspiring writer and One Punch Man breaks EVERY SINGLE RULE for how to write a good story but despite this creates a good story anyway.

2. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

What madness is this?? Especially coming from a story guy such as yourself. :jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

;)

3. Scalenex
    Slann

Because One Punch Man is truly unique. Also, season 7 of Game of Thrones, while still watchable and entertaining, was the weakest of the seasons so far. It felt rushed. It also seemed like the writers, directors and to a lesser extant the actors have fatigue and boredom over Game of Thrones and wanted to do something else.

They broke the formula. One thing unique about most Game of Thrones was how it was a slow burn. Travel time took a long time. There were usually at least three episodes between "I am traveling to X" and "I have arrived at X." Season 7 had fast travel. As I said rushed.

One general rule from Game of Thrones is that if you do something foolish you either die or suffer a great loss. Granted, some people died and suffered great losses without doing anything foolish, but every character pays for their mistakes in some way. In season 7, many characters had plot armor. Plot Armor and Game of Thrones should not mix. I can sense that the GoT wanted to save the juicy stuff for season 8. Season 7 also had a lower episode count than most of the previous seasons. I believe seasons 7 and 8 could have/should have been combined into a single large season.

The one major death they did have in season 7 was anticlimatic in my opinion. Littlefinger's death was very unsatisfying. Littlefinger had villain decay very fast. He went from weaving extremely brilliant intrigues to skulking in hallways. I'd say his season 6 actions were sloppy too.

I am not super optimistic about season 8. I'll watch it of course because I am invested, but I've went from being a rabid fan to a moderate fan.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  4. Scalenex
    Slann

Along those lines, episode one of One Punch Man season two is not nearly as action packed as a typical show but they planted the seeds for many ongoing subplots.

Paradoxical Pacifism likes this.
  5. Paradoxical Pacifism
    Skink Chief

Paradoxical Pacifism Well-Known Member

sounds nice, i'll try to catch up on this then :D

6. Scalenex
    Slann

At one episode a week, I wouldn't blame you for waiting so you can binge watch it all later. One Punch Man is more niche so you are less likely to bump into spoilers than with a mainstream show.

Paradoxical Pacifism likes this.