1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Seraphon 1000 point army list help for a 2v2

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by nine7six, Oct 21, 2016.

1. nine7six
    Skink

nine7six New Member

Hi Guys!

I have a 2v2 tournament coming up where my partner will be stormcast and i'm playing seraphon.

his list is:

Lord celestant on dracoth
    lord relictor
    lord venator
    3 prosecutors
    5 liberators
    5 retributors
    5 judicators

I want to build an army that compliments him so was thinking something magic heavy. So far thinking of

Slann
    Engine of the gods
    Skink Starpriest
    5 chamo skinks
    10 skinks
    10 skinks

thoughts? the slann and engine together are super expensive so not sure... I wish I owned a bastilidon :(

2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

So far you're only at 880. What other units do you have available?

3. nine7six
    Skink

nine7six New Member

I have like 1 of everything except a bastilidon and terradons but have rippers. I forgot to add my skink priest which should bring it to 1000.

4. InfamousBeany
    Cold One

InfamousBeany Well-Known Member

Your Stormcast buddy is going to be tanky and hard hitting, but generally slow as molasses.

You can help him most by providing mobility and supporting magic- my personal recommendation would be somehting like the following:

Shadowstrike Starhost 120
    Skink Starpriest 100
    Cham Skinks (5) 120
    Cham Skinks (5) 120
    Ripperdactyls (3) 140

Skink Starseer 160
    Skinks (10) 80
    Skinks (10) 80
    Skink Chief 60

Total: 980

You provide some screening and magic for his slow moving defensive units (Liberators, Judicators, retributors). Priorities would be adding your skinks shooting to chip away at stuff stuck in combat with his tarpits, as well as providing re-rolls and dice manipulation for his Heroes. Summon Starlight is also fantastic for making his tanky units even tankier.

Your Cham Skinks and Rippers are going to support his Prosecutors (and maybe his hero on Dracoth), providing alpha strikes on soft but threatening targets like artillery or enemy casters. This will be key to not getting outgunned or outmaneuvered by your opponents, just cut off their force multipliers and force them to go toe-to-toe with your buddy's high quality units.

Bowser likes this.
  5. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Almost exactly what I would do!

InfamousBeany likes this.
  6. nine7six
    Skink

nine7six New Member

that looks awesome! but how does the Starseers ability actually work? it says increase or decrease the result for a single dice roll so e.g if it's a save roll of 4+ i want to affect and I made 10 attacks, does it make it a 5+ dice roll now for that save or can I only change 1 die?

Bowser likes this.
  7. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Only one dice. But could make the difference for battle shock, that last minute save the opponemt barely made on his general, whether or not you get a spell off, or use it with your engine and some rerolls and enjoy your extra turn.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2016