1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seraphon Army Tips Wanted

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by DeathBringer125, Sep 4, 2018.

1. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

DeathBringer125 Well-Known Member

I have recently gotten into Warhammer as a Seraphon player (they are space lizards, what’s not to love.) my army include a start collecting box with the Saurus old blood on Carnosaur, EotG, Lord Kroak, skinks, stegadon, and a skink Starseer (kitbashed so could be used as skink priest or star priest.) I started playing with my friend but every time he crushes me with his Khorne army which he has collected for years. My biggest problem aside from his op synergy is that he gets bloodtithe points and summons either bloodletters or a bloodthirster. Please help I need ideas on what unit is to buy and how to counter him. Also if possible please link some setups for 500, 1000, and 1500 point battles that I could use. Thank you for your help, I hope I’m not asking to much.

Warden and Scalenex like this.
  2. Deed525
    Stegadon

Deed525 Well-Known Member

Beat him at his own summoning game ;D you have Kroak - get an Astrolith bearer and you can hit back with your own summons.
    With Kroak in two rounds alone he generates up to 26cp (dependant in spells cast) with a bearer he can then get an extra 2-6 on top of that - if you need spell power he can then cast his spells at a +1 to cast rate instead with extended range.
    But basically that 26 can summon you a free carnosaur/Bastiladon - think of it as saving yourself 200 odd points in your initial army setup.
    So the smaller the army the bigger the advantage of summoning such a heavy unit for free.
    That being said - you have to protect your investment, Kroak costs a lot of points and if he’s being used to summon instead of cast his powerful spells - then he’s basically costing you twice the summonable amount for nothing, khorne are also tough (especially against magic) and you say he’s got a well established army/experience - so you will likely have to counter what he uses :)

So next question - what does your Opponent field?
    And how does he tend to play (who does he go for first)
    This will tell you what he’s scared of and so - you likely want more of it lol.

A general rule of thumb for my army building is:
    Create too many targets
    What I mean by this is have a number say at least 3 high value targets that can cause a lot of pain to anythingthey run into - this way the opponent will have to spread his forces out to counter them - in turn weakening his entire army and sabotaging synergy based attacks,
    Such units are; carnos, Kroak, dread Saurian, large blocks of kroxigor, guards(providing you aren’t fighting mortal wound heavy armies) and rippers.
    Field these is whichever combination you like - but support them with lesser troops (as shields, blockers or buffers) for example kroxigor are bugged by skink - so having a small unit of them near by will buff them and also act as a bullet shield.

And while I’m writing a small essay for you to read lol, khorne summons are based on kills either received or dealt - so if you have less models but with higher wounds - generally you will see less deaths, thus he can generate less summoning power.

So I’d go for more monsters - less troops (as they will generally be destroyed by khorne anyway.
    And big units of larger troops - kroxigor/guards as they are tougher but can also put out some serious wounds.

Hope I helped :)

3. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Slann up and summon lots, use Lords of space and Time to grab objectives etc etc.

4. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

Ty for your help lol i have a vendetta against him right now because of our last game we played. Also I don’t own any of the books so I have just been memorizing all the rules and looking them up when need be so it was hard to find the Starhosts and artifacts. Also with my current army are there any good setups I could use? Is there a 500 point or 1000 point team that would mess him up? Ty for all you help.

5. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

Welcome to the forums!

I would recommend asking your questions in the Seraphon Tactics forum. I'd like to help you but I'm pretty green on Age of Sigmar as my heart belongs to 8th edition, but we support all forms of lizardy play here, Age of Sigmar, 8th edition, 9th Age, and Kings of War.

Warden and Crowsfoot like this.
  6. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Low point games (less than 1000) are tricky. Some tactics don't work very well there.
    1000 is the lowest that is widely played. Unfortunately many of our synergies kick in a bit later. But summoning can work, and so can deep strikes.

I also recommend getting your hands on the free core rules PDF, the Generals Handbook 2018, and you should give warscroll-builder a try, it is a very useful tool.
    The official Age of Sigmar app is also very useful, because it contains all the warscrolls and the core rules for Age of Sigmar.

7. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

Yeah I have the app and could you send me a link to the pdf? I couldnt find it when I looked

8. Aginor
    Slann

9. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

Oh nvm lol the app has that I had no clue that was the whole thing lol

10. Aginor
    Slann

It is the whole set of basic rules.
    The books contain additional stuff to play with but that's the start.

11. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur