1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Seraphon at smaller point games?

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by zaheen47, Nov 19, 2019.

1. zaheen47
    Jungle Swarm

zaheen47 New Member

Hi all, we've just started an escalation league that starts at 500 points, and I wanted to pick your brains on what your ideal take on all comers list would be at such a low level. I usually like running our battalions but obviously thats not possible here.

My current list is-
    Slann with retrices and great rememberer
    10 skinks
    Skink star priest
    Balewind
    Pendulum

It's tough. I lost my first game against Bonereapers by quite a margin on points, so looking for suggestions on how I could switch things up.

LizardWizard likes this.
  2. Darklaw
    Saurus

Darklaw Active Member

I am by no means an expert, but I would probably do something like this:

Leader:
    Saurus Oldblood on Carnosaur, w/ Gryphfeather charm.

Battleline:
    2x10 skinks w. javelins and shields.

Other:
    3 Terradons, Fireleech Bolas.

Keep in mind that I have yet to play against Bonereapers. Your list looks like it invests a bit too heavily into magic, for it to be really viable at such a low points level. Unless your Slaan is busy summoning, which I guess could work if you can buy it some time. If that's what you want, I'd probably try something like this instead:

Leader:
    Slaan Starmaster, w/ Gryphfeather charm.

Battleline:
    10 skinks w. javelins and shields.
    10 saurus w. clubs and shields.
    5 saurus guard.

I'm aware i've cut both the cogs and the vortex here, but I feel like that might be okay at 500 pts.

LizardWizard likes this.
  3. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

I agree that cogs and vortex are not needed at 500mpp.

4. zaheen47
    Jungle Swarm

zaheen47 New Member

It's not cogs, its the pendulum for some more mortal wound output. I managed to assassinate his boneshaper in turn 1 with it, which was nice.

But the rest of the advice is well noted. I certainly need more bodies and summoning takes time.

LizardWizard likes this.
  5. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

I recently did a small points fight in my escalation league. while all lists are battle plan and opponent dependent, might I suggest this:

260 Slann, general, Miasmatic blade, Meteoric convocation.

80 5x Knights; lances
    70 10x Skinks; Blowpipes

BVW 40
    Purple sun 50

27 wounds

this will give you a list closer to what you started with ( I prefer not to re-write others lists so much as guide them within their own ideas and concepts) and give you the endless spells you seem to want to use. the BVW will give the slann +2 save if you can get him on terrain, and the -1 miasmatic blade will increase his survivability, should the ossiarchs come for his bones.

additionally the 2 battle lines will give you the ability to flank out any alpha charges if you position them wisely. which with your initial list only having the 10 skinks left you susceptible to.

LizardWizard likes this.