1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Seraphon or Order? Choices choices...

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Phoedinn, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Phoedinn
    Razordon

Phoedinn Well-Known Member

Hello everyone!

I have a question to ask all you list building gods about the new alliance abilitys, and which alliance I should choose.

To start, I'm building a 1000pt list for a small tournament at my local GW this weekend. Going through the rules for alliances again I noticed that I need to choose Seraphon OR Order...not both :( This is has put me in a bit of a pickle as I was hoping to bring my Guard as my battlline, seeing as it worked well in a previous list.

So my question is; Should I bring Saurus guard and forfit the Order abilitys. Or should I swap for standard Warriors and choose from the Ordet list?

The list so far:
    . 2X 10 SG
    .1X Slann
    .1X EotG
    .200 pts summoning
    (Probably not the best, but it worked well last time)

Note: the tournament rules state that I must role for magic items, meaning that I'm not guaranteed to get anything useful.

Thank you for any help you can give!

Bowser likes this.
  2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Take the seraphon allegiance. The only thing you lose is the battle trait, it's in the FAQ. It's been errata'd to allow you to take a seraphon allegiance and the order abilities.

Killer Angel and InfamousBeany like this.
  3. InfamousBeany
    Cold One

InfamousBeany Well-Known Member

Huh, I should probably update the list building guide, forgot that the FAQ changed the original interpretation of allegiances.

@Phoedinn Bowser is absolutely correct then, the Order trait is never really that influential to us thanks to our high Bravery across the board, so if you are using exclusively Seraphon models then rock that Seraphon allegiance for those guard!

In regards to your list itelf, what exactly are you planning to use your summoning for? And isn't the EotG a little too random for a 1000 point game? It's currently soaking up a lot of points and may never actually be useful, just a thought.

Bowser likes this.
  4. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

With the slann nearby it's not too random to be ineffective, but It is an odd choice for a 1000 point game. What are you planning on summoning?
    With guard at 2×10 is 400, slann and eotg is 500, only leaves you with 100 points to summon. Which is still another unit of guard or warriors or an oldblood or scarvet on cold one, which can be helpful, but it's not a lot.

5. Phoedinn
    Razordon

Thanks for the feedback guys!

The plan with the extra points was to summon replacement gaurd if needed or to summon a Razerdon or salamander. Sadly I don't have most of the useful units that I would use instead.

The EotG was added for some AOE and some extra long range spells.

I'm glad I still get to use the items!

Bowser likes this.
  6. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

An extra unit of guard may be all you need for last minute points, or a razordon could be an extra layer of protection for your slann/engine

tom ndege and Phoedinn like this.
  7. Phoedinn
    Razordon

Well, thanks for the help :)

I ended up winning two out of four matches, landing my in a respectable (I think) 5th out of ten players. Not too bad for my first try at a tournament! As for the list, I'm spit on if it worked or not (not helped by the results XD) At times I felt I needed more claws on the ground, but that EotG was devastating in my games! I often found it was giving me around 15 mortal wounds each game, plus the amazing melee weapons meant I was making mincemeat of anything that got close!

Bowser likes this.
  8. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Right now, I've got some problem with it.
    I don't have the english handbook, and maybe I just look in the wrong part, but what I read in the FAQ is that you can choose to pick the abilities of the Allegiance or the abilities of the Grand Allegiance. AFAIK the abilities include Battle Trait, Command Trait and Artefacts.

Can you point exactly to me the passage? Cause i would REALLY like it!