1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Seraphon Starting List 2000 pts

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Luplon, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Luplon
    Skink

Luplon New Member

Hi, i'm an old player of warhammer fantasy, and i'm starting playing AoS, tried a few things, and now i'm building this list at 2000 points:

Scar-veteran on Carnosaur
    5 Saurus knights
    5 Saurus knights
    5 Saurus knights
    Firelance Starhost
    Saurus Sunblood
    10 Saurus warriors
    10 Saurus warriors
    10 Saurus warriors
    Sunclaw Starhost
    Oldblood on Carnosaur
    15 Saurus guards
    Bastiladon

Tot. 1980 pts

I also have a Scar-veteran on cold one, a Skink starpriest and a Skink priest

I'm thinking about some variations, with same or more points, so i'm listening to any advice

Bowser likes this.
  2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

I would remove the 15 guard, as they aren't guarding anything. They're okay for ovjective hunting, but I would add in the scar vet cold one and priest for magic, make ine if your warriors units 20 and keep the other 2 at 10. Other than that looks like a fun and aggressive list. Leave off the extra points and hope for a good triumph.

3. Luplon
    Skink

Luplon New Member

Thanks for the advice! The 15 guards are here just for some tanky aggressive unit, and i plan to use also the Bloodclaw Starhost in the near future, dividing them in 3 units of 5, with the Oldblood, the Scar-veteran on cold one, an Eternity warden and the Skink starpriest as heroes for the battallion

Bowser likes this.
  4. paxter
    Skink

paxter New Member

The guards seems misplaced a little. If you want to go tanky i suggest taking the eternal starhost. but you will need 30 instead of 15 tho. That will give your guards 2+ save, bravery 12, and the eternity warden will give them 3 attacks base. With the sunblood you give orders to one unit to reroll hit and wound. A unit of 10 has 31 attacks, reroll to hit and wound, if they dont move D3 damage rend -1, 2+ armour and shields so essentially u become an assault terminator.

The downside is if someone has a ability to dish out a lot of mortal wounds then u will suffer.

Bowser likes this.
  5. Luplon
    Skink

Luplon New Member

Mhhh...ok, so instead of Bloodclaw its better to buy another 15 guards and use the Eternal Starhost

6. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Stick with the bloodclaw. Get all the command abilities from your heroes. Way more effective.

7. dwarfepic
    Chameleon Skink

dwarfepic Active Member

Are you sure that the knights are going to have the hitting power needed for what they do? they can do mortal wounds, but with only one attack each with the spear, ( and then others besides) they probably wont do enough damage. I think that by taking out the temple guard as bowser said would be a good idea, and the replace them with knights. the scar vet on carno is a good idea, to help maximise the damage coming out of the knights. the saurus warriors do not need the starhost so and I think that more than one formation per army (with exceptions... starbeast constellation) is a good choice, but more you might as well be putting in extra models instead of the formation.

that is if they don't move, and with aos in the state that it is in then moving is almost essential. you may camp on an objective, but you still need to get there, and guard are expensive in points, if they are going to camp objectives then you will spend 200 points on the ten man squad I see most, then another 140 for the eternity warden and if you want re rolls to hit, then another 160 for an strolith or 120 for a sunblood. that is a lot of points for a kill team the a single unit of spider riders (5 for 100) or an ogre tyrant (140 points) or a bloodthirster (280-360 points depending on the type, and skarbrand is 400). what I'm saying is don't commit to many points into one unit and buffing it. it will leave other areas weak, and even temple guard can die ...

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
    Bowser likes this.
  8. Luplon
    Skink

Luplon New Member

Actually, i came up with a variation of the list:

Saurus oldblood on carnosaur
    Saurus scar-veteran on carnosaur
    Saurus scar-veteran on cold one
    Saurus sunblood
    15 Saurus guards
    20 Saurus warriors
    10 Saurus warriors
    15 Saurus knights
    Skink priest
    Bloodclaw Starhost

tot. 1960 pts

Sunblood with guards or with big saurus unit, with his command ability, scar-veteran on cold one with the knights with his buffing command ability, and the buffing from priest and oldblood as well

dwarfepic and Bowser like this.
  9. dwarfepic
    Chameleon Skink

dwarfepic Active Member

try not to take temple guard in squads bigger than 10. otherwise then it is very easy for your opponent to catch them with a cheap tarpit of 40 clanrats or ungors or something. temple guard lose mobility when there are to many of them, and if they do get bogged down that is a very pricey unit gone down the drain. admittedly, chewing through the tarpits is easy, but they will occupy you for at least two turns if the opponent is using them right. nice list though, and I love to see the bloodclaw starhost being used instead of the generic ones from our battletome instead of the ones from the order one.

10. Luplon
    Skink

Luplon New Member

Thanks for the advice, so i take 10 guards instead of 15, and i put in a Skink starpriest for a little magic