1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seraphon Themed Prismatic Palisade

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Joshua Horchler, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Joshua Horchler
    Troglodon

Joshua Horchler Well-Known Member

Hi Lustira,

I'm coming to you all looking for some creative inspiration. First off, does anyone with a Prismatic Palisade mind sharing it's dimensions? I'd be curious to know how tall it is.

Also, anyone have any cool ideas of how to make a jungle/Seraphon themed on from scratch? I have a good amount of bits from kits and I don't want to buy one if I can make it!

LizardWizard likes this.
  2. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

I have one
    Dimensions (roughly measured):
    The base is 7" long and 1.5" wide
    The palisade, including its base is 2" high on the highest point.

Joshua Horchler and LizardWizard like this.
  3. Deed525
    Stegadon

Deed525 Well-Known Member

Yeah it’s weirdly short lol - look in the book it’s meant to be an obscenely high thing.

Anyway, for jungle themed, maybe a Mayan style pyramid? (One block wide wall) for the dazzling effect maybe add runes.

Or ofc plants, tons of vines? Nice n easy to green stuff.

Or at a push...giant fangs?

4. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

DeathBringer125 Well-Known Member

Maybe sort of a lizardlike Mayan style wall with some snakes and vines

5. Cerind
    Skink

Cerind Member

I'd also go for either stone or wood, with overgrowth, and some gold bits/ornaments to emphasise the mesoamerican feel (rather than a random jungle). Perhaps use the standard bits from saurus kits (the serpent head one for example) chipped and painted as stone, with some parts of the head golden.
    Necron bits can also work (spears, etc) if weathered a bit, and painted wood/gold rather than full metal, like a spear that was used as a filler for a piece of wood that fell out, ot as a holder for a small flag that is now torn .

Edit: alternating spears (with skulls on them) and wood poles, trunks, overgrown with jungle vines and populated with snakes with some gold ornaments, to give an Indiana jonesy feel, can also do the trick :)
    Edited for typos ;)

6. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Hmmmm some great ideas!

LizardWizard likes this.
  7. ravagekitteh
    Skink Chief

ravagekitteh Well-Known Member

It would probably depend on if you want to go Lizardman style or Seraphon. If you want to go Lizardman style with jungles and stuff, I think the others have you covered! If you want it to fit with the Seraphon style of fluff though, I would probably recommend something more star like, almost exhibiting the cosmos, as that’s the direction they seem to be emphasising more at the moment what with them being Daemons of Order and such. Some ideas:

2855701C-6D4B-4686-A742-88F57B59D3D8.jpeg

E827ECCA-D74E-475A-AF75-E932C39871EA.jpeg

Some of the other forumites have also done some absolutely fantastic constellation style pieces for their Seraphon with things like Bastiladon crystals, so if that is the route you want to go, be sure to definitely check them out! :)

Aginor, Cerind and Warden like this.