1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Seraphon v Stormcast (starter sets only - 550pts)

Discussion in 'Battle Reports' started by MerciaBear, Jan 25, 2017.

1. MerciaBear
    Cold One

MerciaBear Active Member

Hello all,

Just a quick write up for my second ever game of AoS last night in our store league (The Games Shop in Aldershot if anyone is interested).

We are doing an escalation type league where we fight battles with just the starter sets, paint them up in a month, then add a unit and so on for 6 months.

Apologies for the unpainted models. It wont always be like this!

My forces:

Scar Vet on Carnosaur
    8 Saurus Cavalry
    12 Saurus Warriors
    Warscroll Battalion - Reform Ranks. Move all members of a unit to reform 5" around one nominated model of the same unit.

Opponent:

1x Lord Celestant
    5x Liberators
    3x Prosecutors
    2x Retributors

We rolled for 'Escalation' from the matched play scenarios from the GHB. Three objectives strung along a central line dividing a 4x4 table diagonally. Most models within 6" scores a VP. Game finishes end of turn 5. Units come in gradually, have to be 12" from enemy and in your territory.

Turn 1

Opponent:He finished placing his two units last so I made him go first. He moved his Lord and Liberators up into cover. No magic. I move my warriors over to claim the south western objective but still be in range of the centre of the table.

Turn 2

Me: I seize intiative. I dropped my Carnosaur into the middle of the battlefield, threatening his infantry and general in cover. I could easily make a charge into his infantry but not sure about his general. Carnosaur charges the Liberators causing three unsaved wounds (they are on a 2+ in cover with the buff his lord gives him!). He hits back with everything doing three wounds.

Opponent: He drops prosecutors behind the main combat, zoom up to threaten the carnosaurs rear and the warriors. Charges the Carnosaur doing three more wounds.

image1.JPG image2.JPG

image4.JPG

Turn 3

Opponent: He seizes intiative. Everything goes for the Carnosaur, which is now too weak to do much back. He gets it down to 1 wound.......... It takes one wound off the general. He brings on his Retributors to claim the North Eastern objective, far away from combat.

Me: I drop my Saurus Cavalry behind his prosecutors and cast Saurian Savagery on them (6's to hit generate extra attacks.) The Warrios leave their objective to move up to the main combat now I know his Retributors are off in the distance. Cavalry charge and wipe the prosecutors before they can hit back. Warriors charge the Lord Celestrant (10"!). He activates Lord and finally kills the Carno. The Warriors do two wounds to him in return.

Turn 4:

The warriors cant finish off the Lord Celestant and he takes 4 of them out so they retreat from combat allowing the Cavalry to sweep in and finish the job. His Retributors are too far away to do anything before the game finishes at the end of the fifth turn. I take a major victory as I have more VP's.

Crowsfoot, Bowser and Seraphage like this.
  2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

That's awesome! Sounds like a fun game that stayed exciting for the whole thing.

3. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Sounds like a fun and quick game.

4. MerciaBear
    Cold One

MerciaBear Active Member

It was good to beat the Stormcast as they have the best starter set in terms of points etc. The guy I was playing is the most experienced in our league but I think the scenario favoured me.

Looking forward to playing more units now!

Bowser and Seraphage like this.
  5. Cristhian MLR
    Terradon

Cristhian MLR Well-Known Member

Sounds like fun!

So you only played with the listed units in the box? I'm sure you could sue a Knight as a Scar-Vet.

What a lovely terrain! Could you give me more details about it?

Also which paints you used to prime your models?

Crowsfoot and Bowser like this.
  6. Kadanga
    Saurus

Kadanga Active Member

Great recap! Sounds like a nailbiter, was it? :)

Where did you get that temple? I've been looking to either purchase or build one for my warboard.

Bowser likes this.
  7. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Bowser, Seraphage and Kadanga like this.
  8. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Make your own, nothing more pleasing than home made terrain, I have one to finish but it is HUGE!!

Bowser, Aginor and Kadanga like this.
  9. Kadanga
    Saurus

Kadanga Active Member

I've made most of my current terrain. It would take me ages to make a temple like that (in the size I want it) with that level of detail. Time is money friend!

10. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Yeah, same here. I intend to make a lot of stuff myself, but I will still buy some I guess.

Bowser and Crowsfoot like this.
  11. Crowsfoot
    Slann

This is true but worth it in the long run, I started mine last May and it stares at me every time I start painting!

Bowser likes this.
  12. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Best of both worlds

Bowser and Aginor like this.