1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Shooting Multiple Salamanders

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Gorgerak, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Gorgerak
    Cold One

Gorgerak Active Member

Hi guys, this is probably a really stupid question so apologies if so, but I am looking for some clarity:

If I have more than one salamander in a unit and they are shooting at an enemy unite do i work out the shots individually - so roll artillery die, place template, roll wounds, roll armour saves, remove casualties - or resolve all salamanders at the same time?

The reason why I ask is because I'm concerned that by rolling them all together you could end up causing more wounds than you had models covered by the template.

On the other hand if you resolve each salamander one at a time, you could end up making 1 or more of your salamanders ineffectual due to casualties caused from the first. Although i suppose that is something that a player will have to calculate before deciding the target.

All thoughts are welcome. :)

2. borkbork
    Ripperdactil

borkbork Active Member

That's why i never take them in units ;)

I seriously wouldn't know

3. Stonecutter
    Terradon

Stonecutter Member

Previously, the sally rules indicated that templates were fired separately in the unit and casualties were removed before firing the next template. As a result, many players think this is the way sallies shoot now. However, the new army book removed these instructions and thus all shots from a sally pack are determined simultaneously. The end result is that a sally pack with 2+ models will generate more hits than it previously did. Can this result in more wounds inflicted than models in the unit - absolutely, since models are being hit by multiple templates.

4. hardyworld
    Kroxigor

hardyworld Active Member

The rules don't specify either way. Given how the old rules specified how to, I continue to use that method. I would just recommend mentioning it to your opponent before the game begins and come to an agreement on how it will be played. I really don't think you can find any current rules to support either interpretation.

5. Gorgerak
    Cold One

Gorgerak Active Member

Yay, for GW rule clarity! - or lack of. Thanks guys

6. latenightswords
    Skink

latenightswords New Member

imo this even makes more sense fluff-wise. ie.. they are adjusting their aim/trajectory volley-to-volley as a group as opposed to waiting to do so one-by-one.