1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Shooting phase question

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Franz, Apr 15, 2017.

1. Franz
    Jungle Swarm

Franz New Member

I have a very basic question. I'm just starting AOS and figuring out how to play. The Rules say that during the shooting phase, a unit shoots with all of its missile weapons. Does this really mean that a model that has missile weapons in hand and additional weapons strapped on to their back or side can use both what they have in their hands and what is sheathed? For example: I have a Empire pistolier model that has a repeater pistol in one hand, a regular pistol on the other and two additional pistols on his back. I could interpret this in a number of ways:

1. You must choose just one weapon to shoot with. Pistol or repeater. This seems
    2. You can shoot with everything in your hands (pistol and repeater).
    3. You can shoot with all four (two pistols on your back, one on your hand, repeater on the other hand).
    4. You can shoot with everything but since the pistols are listed as "Brace of Pistols" in the warscroll this means however many you have count as one weapon (and the repeater as another), thus two attacks, same as number two above.

Can you really strap as many missile weapons as are contained in the warscroll for your model and shoot with all of them during the same shooting phase? What are the real rules for this? Surely this has come up.

Thanks.

Bowser likes this.
  2. Ritual
    Skar-Veteran

Ritual Well-Known Member

What does it say in the things warscroll? It'll say what weapons they have and can use.

It will say exactly what they can have equipped in their description too.

Bowser likes this.
  3. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

When talking about these weapons you must look in the description. So for example pistoliers have a brace of pistols. You get one outrider for your unit, and it says he either has brace of pistols or a repeater. So in this case you choose which one he has, even if you have the modwl showing both. Some war scrolls will say the model has this and this, I think Vulkite berserkers have two range weapons that they can fire if both are in range.

Ritual likes this.