1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Skink chief ruling

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Bornfromthesun, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Bornfromthesun
    Jungle Swarm

Bornfromthesun New Member

Hello everyone!

I'm a brand new player just came in at age of sigmar, got myself a stegadon, made it into engine of the gods and decided to use the left over bits. I made the skink chief a stand alone model with spear.... this is my question what weapon rule should I use for this spear. Thank you in advance

Bornfromthesun

2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Honestly if you can, add a shield, and use the ornate club and star buckler rules. This model can elevate your skink army to brutally efficient, so the ability to ignore -1 rend might just keep him around a bit longer. You lose your own rend but he isn't a combat giant anyways.

Crowsfoot likes this.
  3. Bornfromthesun
    Jungle Swarm

Awesome, noted! was planning on having one with club and maybe one with spear or to some form of this, but is the spear worthless?

Bowser likes this.
  4. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Nope, it's not worthless, but if you're making him your general you want the extra survivability! The spear load out is slightly better for a second chief who is going into combat he can get that rend which can be helpful.

5. Bornfromthesun
    Jungle Swarm

Ah I get you now, the skink chief that comes with the stegadon kit has spear and shield, is this the best of both worlds?

*EDIT* just realised that the its the Skink Alpha that comes with the stegadon, which i will be using as a skink chief sorry if this confused anything

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
    Bowser likes this.
  6. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

You can mod the spear to a club, but in AOS his weapons load out choices are club and shield or golden sickle, my mistake thought it was the spear. So you can throw the shield on, and declare it at the beginning of the game which load out you're bringing. If you want an idea for a skink list check out this:
    Skinks useless?

Bornfromthesun likes this.
  7. Bornfromthesun
    Jungle Swarm

Thank you for this, really appreciate it :)

Bowser likes this.