1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

skink for your thoughts

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by mantakore, Sep 11, 2009.

1. mantakore
    Saurus

mantakore New Member

hey people i wanna know something its kinda a random question but. wat yould you do if all games workshops and greatwhites and mini wargamming and everything went out of bisness. so basically wat would you do if warhammer was no longer made or sold??????

i know this mighed be a touchy question but it somthing that has always troubles me???? i know how i would feel.....like a dark elf corsair feels when a carnosaur steps on his face......crushed!!!!

but how would you guys feel?

2. Jaspar
    Saurus

Jaspar New Member

a empty dark hole in my life that would be nearly impossible to be refilled

3. mantakore
    Saurus

mantakore New Member

yeah man

4. SlannOfItza
    Kroxigor

SlannOfItza New Member

I'd probably blow a bunch of savings and try to get at least 2500pts of every race I like before they were all gone, and then I'd just play 7th edition forever with some of my friends who I know would do the same thing, Lol.

:D

5. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

In my gaming group we have a lot of models anyway, so we could keep playing with what we had. I think the fun would wear off a bit with nothing new happening, but really there is such a big fan base that I don't think it could possibly happen and even if it did I am sure there would be independant groups springing up on the net that kept making rules and playtesting, as well as making models possibly.

Warhammer is more of a side hobby than a big part of my life anyway, I don't really have a lot of free time, so I could cope.

6. mantakore
    Saurus

mantakore New Member

yeah for sure i agree though i dont yhink its going anywere lol

7. hellbreaker
    Troglodon

hellbreaker New Member

Find a new company, buy some new models, paint them, continue studying.

Cheers!

8. Barotok
    Terradon

Barotok New Member

I know that I would continue to paint the models I have at the pace that I wanted to, and probably just play more WoW.

9. Cuachicqueh
    Saurus

Cuachicqueh New Member

I would have SO much more money if GW stopped making models... lol.

10. ColdBlood666
    Chameleon Skink

ColdBlood666 New Member

Yea seriously I spend more money on warhammer than a fiend does on drugs. I got 2250 pt armies for daemons of chaos, warriors of chaos, lizardmen, ogre kingdoms, vampire counts. Not to mention that I got about 1000 pt starter armies for tomb kings, dark elves, beastmen. I also got a full tyranid army, half a black templar army and a partial tau army. Wow this is kinda making me depressed....I really am a nerd like my girlfriend tells me. Its ok though cause it really does make life alot better!

11. strewart
    OldBlood

Depends on how long you been collecting though. I have (and I may forget some, haven't done this in a while) 5000 points chaos space marines, 4000 points marines, 3000 points tyranids, 2000 points tau, 1000 points dark eldar, various orks, necrons, waaay too much LOTR, 2 big BFG fleets, 3k Tomb Kings, 3k VC, 2k Bretonnians, 3k HE, about 2k LM and growing slowly, bunch of random dragons, goblins and other stuff. Yeah more than I need ,but oh well. It was over 10 years.

12. Cuachicqueh
    Saurus

Cuachicqueh New Member

Yea, I cant help myself but buy new army boxes when they come out. LOL. This is nothing compared to a buddy of mine, he has just about everything GW ever came out with and he still buys and trades. He's got an entire storage unit, no joking, of warhammer stuff new and old, forgeworld, 40k etc. When i think i've gone too far, i just think of him and go " my addiction isnt THAT bad"...

13. hellbreaker
    Troglodon

hellbreaker New Member

My budget is keeping me from doing such things...
    6 years of economical problems does that to you.(As in that I've been collecting for 6 years)

Cheers!

14. Cuachicqueh
    Saurus

Cuachicqueh New Member

My buddy has been collecting for the last... err... like 10+ years. He has the original bloodthirster model which Citadel called a Balrog at the time before a nice juicy lawsuit occurred.

15. strewart
    OldBlood

Heh, I didn't know the bloodthirster used to be called a Balrog. I might have to have a look for a few pics of this model and see what it was like.

Also, you have a bit of a fascination with the word juicy at the moment don't you Cuachicqueh? :p This is the second or third post of yours I've read in the last few minutes containing it.

16. Dumbledore
    Ripperdactil

Dumbledore New Member

Yeah I was just thinking the same.

ps: just did a bit of juicing up of my own post :D

pps: nice use of blending in my sig?

17. Cuachicqueh
    Saurus

Cuachicqueh New Member

Lol, thats funny. I didn't realize, my usual word favorite word is Dude and i havn't used it once. Hehe, fine, i'll use luciious and scrumptious for some added flavor... mmMMmm... juicy...

Back on topic, somewhat, yeah, it looks like a furie with a whip and axe, it is a two piece model only about the size of a kroxigor in height and they way the wings fit on leaves much to be desired. Kindy lanky.

18. mantakore
    Saurus

mantakore New Member

wait lord of the rings took that name first right? the book was written before warhammer was around if im correct?

19. strewart
    OldBlood

Yes JR Tolkein wrote the books back around the second world war IIRC... Definitely before warhammer.

Ay not too bad I must say, have you tried wet blending though? :p

20. Cuachicqueh
    Saurus

Cuachicqueh New Member

Yeah, it was obviously the predacessor for the Bloodthirster we know and love today, but Citadel called in a Balrog, I think that it is actually printed on the under tab of the model. I'll have to check.