1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Skink loadout..

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by m0gstar, Jan 1, 2017.

1. m0gstar
    Temple Guard

m0gstar Well-Known Member

I've been surfing the forums and seen some comments regarding this, but would like to get a better general consensus...

I play with friends that are not tryhard, but as my modeling experience grows I want to try to start magnetizing some units.

Has anyone ever fielded skinks using any other loadout than boltspitter and shield ? Looking at the options I don't see anything else that is viable.

It seems that the +1 to wound from spears is not worth putting the unit well into a charge range when skinks die so quickly and in such great numbers. To me, shields are the obvious choice because they make them so much more durable in the case they do get targeted and/or charged by something.

So the main question is, are skinks even worth magnetizing (don't take $$$ into consideration)? Or is there really only one superior loadout for skinks like I think there is?

Thanks for your input in advance!

Bowser likes this.
  2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

I would say it is worth it to magnetize. You will mostly be using the Boltspitters and shields. But who knows what the future holds. There could be an update to the warscrolls that make other things worth taking.

m0gstar likes this.
  3. m0gstar
    Temple Guard

Thanks for the recommendation. I have a ton of skinks.. probably around 200 so it would be quite the undertaking!

Bowser likes this.
  4. Seraphage
    Stegadon

Seraphage Well-Known Member

Oh wow.. ok my proposal would be to magnetize 30 of them, 40 at most. Doubt you' ll ever gonna need more and it will really be time consuming so not sure it worths it.

Happy new year everyone !

m0gstar and Bowser like this.
  5. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

I agree, do 40 magnetized, that way you have a maxed out unit that are versatile, with the rest being static Boltspitters and shields.

6. m0gstar
    Temple Guard

I like it. Thanks for the input. Just bought 500 magnets last night, so I'll do 40 minimum and see how long I can last before giving up :)

Seraphage and Bowser like this.
  7. DeadlyRecluse
    Chameleon Skink

DeadlyRecluse Well-Known Member

Why bother magnetizing if you have so many? I'd probably just build 100 skinks with Java, and 100 with boltspitters and then just magnetise the shields on them

Bowser likes this.