1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Skink Ripper Electric Bongaloo 2K

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Batch, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Batch
    Cold One

Batch Active Member

On
    my quest to keep Skinks viable, we're putting the little suckers out in droves...I think we might be Skaven now, but here we go.

Allegiance: Seraphon

Starborne : Fangs of Sotek

Heroes:

General: Slann Starmaster (260)
    Trait: Great Rememberer
    Spell: Celestial Equalibrium (Probably change to Stellar Tempest after)

Skink Chief on Stegadon (270) - Skystreak Bow
    Artefact: Serpent-God Dagger

Skink Priest (70)
    Skink Priest (70)

Skink Starpriest (120)
    Spell: Celestial Harmony

Skink Starpriest (120)
    Spell: Hand of Glory

Battleline:

Skinks x 40 (240) - Blowpipes and Bucklers
    Skinks x 10 (60) - Blowpipes and Bucklers
    Skinks x 40 (240) - Blowpipes and Clubs

Other:

Ripperdactyl x 12 (320)
    Ripperdactyl x 3 (80)

Endless Spells:
    Purple Sun (60)
    Gnashing Jaws (40)
    Quicksilver Swords (40)

Wounds 170 (Holy Sotek!)
    1990 Points

ALRIGHT, so I made a list like this in the Rumour thread, thought I'd make it official, this seems a bit more killy too. SOOO What do we do? Well, as you've guessed we make two huge bombs of Skinks, Each gaining buffs from the Priests, allowing our boys to shoot on +4/+5 twice, we get the Starpriest to help and wounding on 6 is a extra MW, these unit shoot 80 shots each, if we have the CP (which hopefully we do) we can reroll hits of +1 (or a HANDY spell) and in Addition the tasty Fangs of Sotek CA to have another shot. These Skinks have a threat range of 27", if the Priest gets his prayer we can go EVEN FURTHER, so a first turn is great.

You may have noticed 40 of the Skinks have Clubs? Why? Well Mr. Stegadon in Chief had a dream, a dream of Skinks doing well in melee! Attacking thrice! Hitting on 3's , rerolling those 1s, wounding on 4s BUT causing Mortal Wounds on 6! They will probably die shortly after, but I see potential in such a potent unit potentially dealing so much damage in one turn.

What do we have above us? Ripperdactyls! Now you may notice I dont have a Chief, well we have so many Heroes now and definitely not enough Hero slots, so here we are. We have to be lucky with summoning points in hopes of getting at least 10 to bring him up. If not, the Stegadon kind of does the same job, if you can get both amazing, but if not oh well. Use these guys to target big bads, little bads, keep them away from Hordes tho, use the unit of 3's toad first, then the larger unit's the turn after.

And finally, Endless Spells, I've wanted to use these for so long, and complements the army nicely I think, Purple Sun for that extra horde you just cant seem to deal with, Swords for single unit targets, and the Jaws for a little bit of both, provided you can fly it properly...or use all 3 to make a roadblock, because you may just need that.

Luckily I have basically everything for this list, so pretty excited to try it soon, give us some feedback friends

Edit: Also been thinking about the usefulness of 10 Chameleon Skinks, just to bounce around and deal damage to heroes, so there would be Removing 6 Ripperdactyls for 10 Chameleons, which might not be too bad, give us a lot of options

Last edited: Mar 9, 2020
  2. Acehilator
    Ripperdactil

Acehilator Well-Known Member

I also thought about using Skinks with Clubs and Blowpipes, but I am not going to build 40 of them to try them out, lol. Definitely going to proxy them to test it though.

For the list, a bit too unfocused imho. It's a mix of MW through casting and damage through buffed units. The unit of three Rippers is really unneeded. And you will find yourself running out of targets for all those buffs quite quickly. The 12x Ripper units begs for a Ripper Chief, and you might want to think about a Shadowstrike batallion.

LizardWizard likes this.
  3. Batch
    Cold One

Batch Active Member

BUMP, so had some games, and its good but drops are high and can sometimes lose advantage, also my first game ever had me fail all 5 of my CP rolls, and it severely crippled me in game and mentally.

And it became clear in my following games that while I was getting more CP, I needed more to truly dominate, mind you the list was going well, I did take out some endless spells and put a BwV in and 10 Chameleons, but I feel like with this list, they wont be needed.

Allegiance: Seraphon
    - Constellation: Fangs of Sotek
    Mortal Realm: Hysh
    Slann Starmaster (260)
    - General
    - Command Trait: Great Rememberer
    - Artefact: Itxi Grubs
    - Spell: Celestial Equilibrium

Skink Starpriest (120)
    - Artefact: Aetherquartz Brooch
    - Spell: Hand of Glory

Skink Starpriest (120)
    - Spell: Tide of Serpents
    Skink Priest (70)
    Ripperdactyl Chief (80)
    - Artefact: Serpent God's Dagger
    40 x Skinks (240)
    - Boltspitters Celestite Daggers & Star Bucklers
    40 x Skinks (240)
    - Boltspitters & Moonstone Clubs
    10 x Skinks (60)
    10 x Skinks (60)
    9 x Ripperdactyl Riders (240)
    3 x Ripperdactyl Riders (80)
    Shadowstrike Starhost (170)
    Shadowstrike Starhost (170)
    Balewind Vortex (40)
    Extra Command Point (50)

Total: 2000 / 2000
    Extra Command Points: 3
    Allies: 0 / 400
    Wounds: 162

Posted this in a thread on the discussion section, felt like I'd put this here too. I reeeeally want to fit a Purple sun in, but I feel like with the amount of damage I can bring from almost any point on the map it may not be needed. So unfortunately because of the wording, most of our buffs can be dropped until the turn after you drop these guys from reserve, So I would take turn 2 in hopes of a double turn, being low drops (5) we will hopefully get that choice, let the enemy move up and pop in behind them, luckily you can still CP to reroll missile shots of 1, and the FoS command ability in their turn (which depending on their army, let them go first, set up all of your guys in the front lines and mow them down if theyre DoK and can reach you quickly, take them by surprise). In addition Ripper Chief can CP in the combat phase, tie in with Aetherquartz that can be a LOT of attacks, hypothetically infinite, just like old times. So I feel like this mainly mends the previous lists problems, lower drops, more CP while mostly retaining the same damage.