1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Skink skirmishers & Lustrian Javelins

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Gary_M, Apr 9, 2017.

1. Gary_M
    Razordon

Gary_M Well-Known Member

playing my teenage son recently and we had an incident where I thought skink skirmishers could march and shoot, but when we looked in the rule book we couldn't find anything that said they could do this.
    Maybe we were looking in the wrong place and maybe my memory of playing 8th ed was worse than I thought.
    Could a kindly scar vet or old blood help this young skink chief please?
    Am I an idiot for thinking this, or is it a 'thing'?
    Thanks in advance.

2. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

How about some kindly help from a Slann?

You are indeed correct that skirmishers can march and shoot.

You'll find the rule reference on page 77 of the main rule book under the rules for skirmishers. The rule titled "Fire on the March" defines that skirmishers can indeed march and shoot. It reads:

"As with Fast Cavalry, Skirmishers are normally trained to aim and shoot more swiftly than other warriors. They can even shoot if they have marched or reformed earlier that turn (providing their weapon doesn't have the Move or Fire special rule). However, the normal -1 To Hit penalty for moving an shooting still applies."

:cool:

Your memory seems to be both precise and intact! :)

n810, Gary_M and Jorgik like this.
  3. Gary_M
    Razordon

Gary_M Well-Known Member

@NIGHTBRINGER Thank you oh wise one! I didn't want to disturb the meditations of a mighty slann!

NIGHTBRINGER and Bowser like this.
  4. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

Gary, make sure you don't forget that: Skirmishers with Javelins (being Quick to Fire weapons) can march and shoot with no modifiers (except for long range)