1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Skink starmaster council conversion

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by WizardinWinter, Jun 21, 2019.

1. WizardinWinter
    Skink

WizardinWinter Member

Hey all, new to the forum, and I'm hoping mostly for sweet conversion ideas.
    To start with, I have the old metal slaan from 8th, it's boring, uninspired, and I can guarantee we won't be getting an update anytime soon. Of course, it's the model that's going into nearly every single game, so what are we to do?
    For my army, I've taken to an ancient artifact/arcane engines type feel, and I want my slaan centerpiece to reflect that. (I've got some salamander/razordon conversions to show you later)
    Ive got some old and new skink heros I can use, and I figure, they're level 1 wizards, slaan are level 3 wizards, why not take three of them, and have them operate a... Thing. I'm kinda looking at the hurricanum orrery, and have them float around it and otherwise "magic"at it, to perform the high magics of the slaan.
    My worry is that it's a big piece, and would need a larger base/wouldn't balance/would need a lot of clear acrylic rod to make it work. Anything else out there, preferably he parts, that one might use as a celestial engine?

2. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Welcome to Lustria. Love your profile pic

The Skink Orrery is a fantastic conversion idea.

3. Wytchphyre77
    Saurus

Wytchphyre77 Active Member

You might use the spirit host box, then clip the spirit heads off, for spare sarus warrior heads, then you have that summon magic modeled. Just three skinks and some green stuff cloaks mounted on (something) with "sarus summoning energy" swirling around.

Maybe start with a balewind vortex, and put it on a monstrous creature base? Dye some "water" effects to make the center a bubbling cauldron, and have the "summoned saurus" coming out of that?

Just spit balling here.

LizardWizard likes this.
  4. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

110% agreed here. This is one of the reasons why I’m just not motivated to use my Lizardmen in AoS, as a Slann is a virtually must-have option even more than in Fantasy and the model just has nothing appealing about it (the other I see that Saurus are really underpowered and I want them kicking backside).

Slann are Level 4 wizards in Fantasy, but Skink Priests could be upgraded to Level 2, so you could have 2 on a single model (AoS doesn’t use Wizard levels).

While I prefer Saurus to Skinks, I really like your idea here - multiple Skink priests combining their powers to do a Tetto’ekko.

I look forward to seeing the results! :)

LizardWizard likes this.