1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Slann Starmaster help

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Shawry, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Shawry
    Saurus

Shawry Member

Hey all,

Im a bit confused about command and battle traits.

Are these one of the same? So I can only cast one per turn?

I.e Celestial configuration and lords of space and time.

A roll of 1 (contemplating the cosmos) I assume it fails

Also with lords of space and time do you have to roll a D3 to see which one you get or can you just say Slann has Great Rememberer?

Thanks all

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
  2. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

No those are different things.
    - Allegiance ability: something you can always use, like Lords of Space and Time
    - Command Trait: your general can take one. (Such as Great Rememberer). Just choose it, don't roll.
    - Command ability: every round you can decide in your hero phase whether to use a command ability from your general's warscroll (if there is one, like the Slann's Gift From the Heavens), OR the generic one called Inspiring Presence.

Celestial configuration is NONE of the above, just an ability.
    It is automatically triggered after setup before the first round, and then you can try to change it at the beginning of each if your hero phases. And yes that can fail. And if it fails it sucks because them your Slann cannot cast.

LoSaT can also fail, yes.

Killer Angel, Shawry and Crowsfoot like this.
  3. Shawry
    Saurus

Shawry Member

Thank you soo much

4. Wilhelm Stürmer
    Ripperdactil

Wilhelm Stürmer Well-Known Member

Hate to necro this, but had a question regarding Celestial Configuration:

At the start of your hero phase, one Slann Starmaster in your army can attempt to turn the constellations to its advantage instead of casting one of its spells. If it does so, roll a dice. If the result is a 1, the Slann is distracted by its exertions and cannot cast any spells this phase. - Does this mean that a 2 or 3 has no effect? You simply lose that cast? Also, does it mean the Slann can't accumulate Celestial Conjuration Points if a 1 is rolled?

If the result is 4 or higher, you can pick a new ascendant constellation from the table. Otherwise, there is no effect. -
    So, you don't need to roll again for the Constellation, you just pick the one you want?

5. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

THe answer is yes to all of your questions.
    a 1 is very bad: you cannot cast any spell, and by extention you cannot forego the casting to accumulate ccp
    2 & 3 don't give the constellation change, but you still lose the spell slot… bad for summoning
    4-5-6- you choose the constellation you want,so you pick the one you need.

but in the end it's a 50%-50%, so once it was somehow worthwile to take the risk, but actually with the summoning tool, it's not.
    I just keep the constellation i roll at the beginning of the game.

6. Wilhelm Stürmer
    Ripperdactil

Wilhelm Stürmer Well-Known Member

I always have as well. Just wanted to be sure I understood the wording correctly

7. Jurrasic Carp
    Skink

Jurrasic Carp Member

Where does it say we lose the ability to convert spells into summoning points? I just read this as I cannot cast spells.

Dr.Doom likes this.
  8. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

before attempting to cast a spell he can forgo that spell cast and convert it into 3 CCP. we have to have a spell cast attempt available to be able to forgo it... you cant give up something you don't have to give up. its not explicitly laid out anywhere, its the proper reading of the interaction between two rules regarding spell casting, CCP generation, and the Celestial configuration.

Wilhelm Stürmer and Dr.Doom like this.