1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Slann Summons/Celestial Point etc.

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Spookysaur, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Spookysaur
    Jungle Swarm

Spookysaur New Member

I have a few questions that come up with the slann in my army (mostly from others) but I wanted to ensure I got the mechanic correctly.

1.) how many spells can the slann trade for celestial points? (Just 1? 4 on a balewind? In between?)
    2.) summoning in matched play v summoning in pitched. (Is there still reinforcement points in a MP)
    Any help would be appreciated, I have a recent GH but there’s a little debate and I want to ensure I’m playing correctly!

Thanks guys!

LizardWizard likes this.
  2. Koriialstraz
    Temple Guard

Koriialstraz Well-Known Member

You can trade as much spells as you have, so 4 on a balewind is totally correct.
    And there is no more reinforcement point. You pay your summoning with the conjuring point only.

Spookysaur and LizardWizard like this.
  3. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Like @Koriialstraz has said:

1) There is no cap to the number of spells that can be used on Celestial Conjuration.
    2) Reinforcements are from older editions.

To further expand on how this determination is made:

Age of Sigmar rules, for the most part, are written as actions you are allowed to take. Generally you will only see text that prevents an action when there has been a previous rule granting the same or similar action. If you are ever in a situation where there is disagreement then go with who ever can provide written text, either rulebook, FAQ, or Errata. So, since there is currently only a rule that grants the ability to generate Celestial Conjuration Points, but there is no text that caps the number of times one is able to preform that action you are able to preform it infinitely (aka as many spell as you have to trade).

One fairly reliable way of determining if a rule has carried over from one edition to another is to check where in the text of the previous edition the rule was found and then reference the corresponding section in the current edition. GW tends to keep formatting relatively the same across editions in recent years. This isn't foolproof, but it is a good starting point. Thankfully GW is no longer using side column rules text. No idea why they thought they should hide rules in the same place they use to put tidbits of fluff.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
    Spookysaur and Koriialstraz like this.
  4. Spookysaur
    Jungle Swarm

Spookysaur New Member

Thanks so much guys! I appreciate the back up!

LizardWizard likes this.