1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fiction Slaves to the Sky

Discussion in 'Fluff and Stories' started by Kcibrihp-Esurc, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Kcibrihp-Esurc
    Razordon

Kcibrihp-Esurc Well-Known Member

Tzaqor flew above the ship bound for Lustria, the wind streaming past his scales. He surveyed the skies around, the large cloud which they were sailing towards was only slightly laden with rain.
    However, the way it was moving was suspicious, it was like a creature was inside- but nothing that large flies! He couldn’t leave anything to chance however, and urged his ripperdactyl closer. Suddenly, his mount dived madly, shrieking shrilly, in primal terror. He started trying to pull out of the mad stoop.

When it leveled, he looked around for what could frighten a Ripperdactyl. Just as he turned to see, the massive draconic claw engulfed them.

Nearly every skink leapt overboard in terror as a dragon came out of the clouds. The thing was huge! It was easily the size of an entire mountain, it’s claw that it had snatched Tzaqor with could hold a Star Dragon! Uaxhedin was at the top of the mast when it came out of the clouds, and the wind from it’s wings nearly blew the sturdy skink off, despite still being a few thousand meters from the dragon. It surveyed the ship calmly, then flew off.

Ruagahnn surveyed his catch, a small creature, one of the creatures made by the aliens, before his slumber, and one of the small reptiles from before their arrival.
    He knew that the Creation had been riding it, and that he should start figuring out these new races.
    First he had to communicate.

Consciousness came slowly to the captured skink chief, and when he came to, he began to wish he hadn’t woken. The dragon had a claw the size of a Kroxigor suspended over him. He looked around for his Ripperdactyl, and saw it huddled as far from the dragon as possible.

It saw that he was awake, and moved it’s head so close that he could feel it’s breath passing over him. It then spoke at him in it’s language.
    Naturally, he couldn’t understand it. It tried again, this time in heavily accented Fimir, he recognized the language, but didn’t know a single word. It’s eyes narrowed, and he felt it’s mind touch to his, he couldn’t resist it’s will if he wanted to.

Ruagahnn searched through the Creation’s mind, imparting knowledge of Draconic to it, whilst learning the languages, locations and people this… Tzaqor thing knew.
    He would educate it to be a good servant in time. He snarled at the ripperdactyl, giving it an imperative mental order to stay, while he scouted around the mountain range, the ‘Skink’ couldn’t get down, unless it grew wings.

He watched from behind a mountain as the pair of fat creatures waddled along a road, each with a halberd in one hand, and a leg of meat in the other. Searching through his appropriated memories, he identified the creatures as Ogres, but again couldn’t communicate.
    He was rather hungry though…
    He was about to pounce when he heard the ripperdactyl screeching.

Tzaqor threw a stone at the stupid thing, hitting it in the side of the head. It shut up finally, but he saw the dragon approaching fast, and knew that he didn’t have much longer to live.
    It would probably be better to jump.

Gurzgrat felt the small creature hit his stomach, and bounce off harmlessly.
    He looked down at the small reptile the size of a well muscled halfling. ‘Aren’t there spells that transform things?’ he wondered ‘Maybe it is a halfling, caught in the middle of a transformation by a bad wizard!’ He picked it up and started carrying it off. ‘It would explain the screeching.’
    “Don’t worry little friend,” he said to his unconscious charge “Gurzgrat will get you fixed up!”

The idiot reptile had jumped, the annoyance he felt was tempered by the fact that they were rather common. He was still hungry, and the ripperdactyl was unconscious right now…
    He reached his jaws around it, and swallowed it whole.
    He might want something less suicidal as his first pet. He searched the memories he had taken of people the ‘Skink’ knew. He found several possible candidates.
    He sat and wondered which would be best.

Important Characters

Tzaqor- Was the highest ranking Skink Chief of Cuaqtla, rode a Ripperdactyl, taken by Ruagahnn whilst heading to Lustria, currently in the company of Gurzgrat

Gurzgrat the Titanic- A very large ogre tyrant, thirteen feet tall, seven feet wide at the shoulder, he has a protective streak a mile wide, and loves the company of those who enjoy food and drink.

Ruagahnn- A Dragon who has recently awoken from his slumber, he is of the greatest species of his kind, nearly unmatched in power

Important Locations

The Mountains of Mourn- The location of the Ogre Kingdoms, mountains on the edge of Cathay.
    Where Ruagahnn took Tzaqor

Deceased Characters

None! Yay! (Unless you count the Ripper...)

2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Well thatwas a lucky jump! Haha! An unlikely alliance? In high fantasy? Unheard of! Just kidding, I really want to see where this goes! Ogres and skinks sounds like a fun one!

3. spawning of Bob
    Skar-Veteran

spawning of Bob Well-Known Member

No. Spawning. Way.

With this many momentous happenings and with so many factions, it's like the End Times with hugs.

Please write faster.

Paradoxical Pacifism and Bowser like this.
  4. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

Good work, I think is one of your best pieces yet.

5. Kcibrihp-Esurc
    Razordon

1. Bob, I have been churning out a piece per day, and you want me to write faster?
    2. @Scalenex I might need an update on the Lustriapedia, also have you read Hope's End and Black Terror? (Do it in that order, my pieces are ordered in the index)
    Also, no rush if you are busy with Xmas

6. spawning of Bob
    Skar-Veteran

It might be better if you collate them into a single thread when you complete a story arc. That leaves no way someone can accidentally start in the middle and get more confused. I can help you with titles for your compilations...

Separate threads is fine too but I think there might end up being a lot of them. You are relying on your reader to follow a three or four click process to go from chapter to chapter and you don't want to lose them.

7. Tziruzitza
    Skink

Tziruzitza Member

I read this earlier, but didn't have a chance to reply; just wanted to say, this is becoming an epic story!

Really well done; each piece is getting better and better. Keep it up! :)

8. Kcibrihp-Esurc
    Razordon

Yeah, I've been starting to worry about that happening :( and I think I'll do that in the end
    Or halfway through... I think I'm a long way from the end.

9. spawning of Bob
    Skar-Veteran

That's a good thing for us in the know. If you just went back to each thread title and put (part 1)(part 2) etc it would help the casual reader to quickly orientate themselves.

10. Kcibrihp-Esurc
    Razordon

I'LL TRY THAT

11. spawning of Bob
    Skar-Veteran

12. Kcibrihp-Esurc
    Razordon

Oops, That was actually an accident! I must of pressed caps lock on my phone! :facepalm:

13. spawning of Bob
    Skar-Veteran

Thirty-seven times?

14. Kcibrihp-Esurc
    Razordon

No, just that once. P.S have you read 'Rage and Revenge' ? It's the latest piece

15. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

I have. I highly recommend it!

Paradoxical Pacifism likes this.