1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog Slay's lizards

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by slayfer, Oct 24, 2013.

1. slayfer
    Skink

slayfer New Member

Hello everybody!
    I am quite new on Lustria-online, and so with lizards, but I just fell with love in them and it has to be my army in WFB ;)
    I'll post here my works so everyone can say something about it. I have some experience in painting, but I am no master, so every comment is valuable ;) Here we go:
    My quite first skinks
    DSC05952_zps433b493c.jpg
    DSC05955_zpse92ebfee.jpg
    DSC06650_zps8b4fa555.jpg
    This one's base is finished but i just didn't take a new photo
    DSC05948_zps6451df53.jpg
    DSC05949_zpsc43d5c65.jpg
    Finished bases, I just need to cover them with black, for similar look ;)
    DSC06442_zpsb55c52f7.jpg
    And here it is my big frog, I need to do a final touches, but is almost finished
    DSC06739_zpsc60fd906.jpg

Skinks are in different colors, becouse i still dont know the color scheme for my army... :(
    And english is not my mother's tongue so I am sorry for my mistakes :)
    Hope you like it!

2. Lord Bufo
    Saurus

Lord Bufo New Member

The blue skinks look really polished but there's something about an original paint scheme like that pink and teal that I love!

3. slayfer
    Skink

slayfer New Member

I like the pink skink too, but I realized that lizardmen army must spread fear among the enemy and I think that a horde of pink warriors is not suitable for that function ;) For now I want to finish 10 of those blue skinks. When I do it I'll post a pic and think about that color.
    For now I know that I'll be trying to convert my army for ninja/samurai look. It will be hard but maybe I'll sculpt something nice ;)

4. Divinor
    Cold One

Divinor Member

Awesome skinks!

5. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Those are some great looking skinks. :D

6. VampTeddy
    Terradon

VampTeddy Active Member

Loving the bases and the slann as well as the skinks.

You really made something of that old Slann.

awesome

7. slayfer
    Skink

slayfer New Member

Thx for kind words! It is really motivating! :) Right now I do not have much time, but I think that I will start some serious work next week. For now I stay with blue color scheme. I will add some flavour to it but I want it to be something really cool, so right now I just thing about things that might look good ;) My goal for know it to paint next 8 skinks. See you then!

8. Hojdar
    Cold One

Hojdar Active Member

Too bad the pink skink got ditched! I too really like an original painting scheme and that pink skink looks gorgeous if you ask me.

9. slayfer
    Skink

slayfer New Member

Ok, I think I have to reconsider it ;) This scheme is cool, and I was about to paint an army like that but I never liked pink and that's why I've chosen regular blue ;)

10. VampTeddy
    Terradon

VampTeddy Active Member

I like the blue scheme, but i might be biased since i use a blue scheme with red backs as well...

It still not completely the same as the book, and ours are different in that i only do the centerline of the scales and give them a red crest.

They're still unqiue, even though some of the colors used are from the "standard" selection - so i'd keep going with what you like. I am mostly a fan of your blue ones :)

11. slayfer
    Skink

slayfer New Member

Like I said, I am going to finish 10 of those blue ones, and later...
    And later we will see what is going to be :D

12. slayfer
    Skink

slayfer New Member

My 10 blue skinks are almost finished but in a meantime I've done a little conversion.
    I want my army to look a little Japanese and this is my first result.
    ab4999ed-b07f-4c39-a74f-d5699a1427b0_zpsbd9cd4d3.jpg
    9190b22f-a033-4adb-a411-9d445a2bbe50_zps1bb68647.jpg

I think that I will and something here but for now I don't have any ideas, maybe you could help? And what do you think of it? :)

13. Hojdar
    Cold One

Hojdar Active Member

That spear/javelin thing looks really good. I have a soft spot for the little skink buggers too, so i really love to see original skink convertions. You could make the weapon even longer, stretching behind the skink. I think that would look pretty sweet.

The Japanese theme seems like a real and fun challage! My first thought landed on the Dynasty Warriors video game franchise if you're looking for some sweet weapon convertion ideas.

The stegadon has some bamboo-ish parts but other than that I'm pretty short on ideas for the jap theme. I haven't convertet anything myself yet, even though I have a couple of ideas, so I am no expert on the subject.

14. slayfer
    Skink

slayfer New Member

Thx for hint with Dynasty Warriors! I have some ideas of my own but I'll share them when I finish sculpting/converting. And you pointed that this weapon could be a little longer, I had same thoughts while converting but I decided that this one could do for a javelin/spear AND hand weapon ^^ The longer one couldn't repleace HW ;)

And if we are talking about skink conversions I have a plan to make a special ninja skink squad ;)