1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion So What Exactly Are Sunbloods?

Discussion in 'Fluff and Stories' started by TheSkeptic, Jan 24, 2018.

1. TheSkeptic
    Chameleon Skink

TheSkeptic Active Member

The title, more or less. What are the Sunbloods? I'd kind of assumed them to perhaps be the only surviving Saurus from the Endtimes, since that would explain their strange colouration (Some form of radiation due to thousands of years of exposure to the assumedly somewhat magical light of Azyr) and lack of mounts (Which all, as far as I'm aware, lack the excessive longevity of their riders and as such would have died ages ago), but this was mostly conjecture on my part. I was wondering if there has been any actual information on them now that AoS has amassed a relatively (Considering it's fairly young age) large number of lore books and the like.

ChapterAquila92, n810 and Captaniser like this.
  2. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Your explanation is pretty much along the lines of what I also interpreted into the few things we have in the books.

Many of the surviving Saurus on the space ships are basically Oldbloods now, they had millenia of training on the ships (or maybe not and they were in statis for a while) and some of them were changed. Mutated a bit, by radiation or whatever. Those are Sunbloods.

Now that the Seraphon are living in their new home, the Slann might have used those changed individuals (their DNA) to create more of them, perhaps like the sacred spawnings of old times created different Saurus.

But I actually think there is not much more we know about them so the above really is speculation.

TheSkeptic likes this.
  3. TheSkeptic
    Chameleon Skink

TheSkeptic Active Member

Kind of wish they'd stop giving the Stormcast so much love and give us a couple of books or something. I get that our mysterious origins and goals are one of our drawing points as an army (I feel like the fact that we're also a bunch of Aztec themed giant lizards riding even bigger giant lizards is a contributing factor as well), but getting answers to at least some of the excessive number of unanswered questions would be nice. Is the Dracothion or whatever Sotek, or are some mistaken in that assumption? What are the Sunbloods? Are we basically f*cked without spawning pools, or is some asspull going to save the Seraphon? Questions I would love to have answered, and I expect never will be. Half the time, I wonder if the GW guys even know what's happening themselves, or if they're just throwing out random details they thought up and letting us piece them together in new and creative ways so they can pilfer them and use the ideas themselves.

ChapterAquila92 and Scalenex like this.
  4. TheSkeptic
    Chameleon Skink

TheSkeptic Active Member

Oh yeah, is this where I'd want to put questions like these, or would these go elsewhere, like Seraphon Discussion?

5. Aginor
    Slann

I think this section is actually meant for fan fiction, so yeah, over at Seraphon Discussion in the AoS section would be most appropriate I guess.
    But I think it fits here as well, since we can bounce around our own fluff ideas. Who needs GW then except for producing the models? :D

6. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

I like our ideas better than what Games Workshop comes up with.

They can go into the Seraphon discussion too if you want. We are not exactly super strict about what you post where. To be honest I barely go to the Seraphon or Lizardmen discussion forums myself. My mind loves categories. I go to fluff forum pretty much every day and use the Tactics forums for game prep.

7. Aginor
    Slann

Interesting, I basically ignore forums sections alltogether (except when creating a thread myself) and just use the "New Posts" button excessively. :D
    That works well here because people actually give threads proper titles and keywords. And also because the "new posts" page mentions the sections. Good forum. :)

ChapterAquila92 and Koriialstraz like this.