1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Something I noticed (Could mean nothing)

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by little-myth, Jan 17, 2016.

1. little-myth
    Carnasaur

little-myth Well-Known Member

Not sure if mentioned before, I lose track of what I read.

Last night I was flicking through the Seraphon book, reading through the constellation symbols. As I flick back onto the 'The War of Aeons' page, my eye catches a few symbols that don't exist on the constellation list. It is actually more see-able inside the case of the limited edition. Here is a few examples of what I spotted:
    A star symbol (but that could be something of the line of the Sunblood or Skink Priest has the gold bit around the symbol is a star)
    An Arrow symbol
    A symbol of what looks like a mountain.
    A Square
    A Triangle like shape, with a gap towards the bottom
    A Symbol similar to the Scar-Veteran but is shape like an E
    A Symbol similar to the Skink Oracle/Priest but is splitted down the middle
    And finally (I think) A circle (but it could mean something else)

Many apologies for blurry images, but just showing the constellations on the case.
    20160117_084203.jpg 20160117_084213.jpg

As said in title it could mean nothing or it is a symbol referring to a character but I don't really recall but then short memory sometimes.
    My thoughts are of Seraphon we haven't received yet or it could be GW being GW pulling our tails and they mean nothing, but why put them there? Why make up a symbol for no meaning? I highly doubt some are printing errors.
    It could be written in the fluff, I have that feeling.... I think *starts flicking back through*

What do you think everyone?
    I find it interesting and it's making me curious. I thought we can have a discussion on Seraphon stars :p

2. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

I haven't gotten the new book yet, but the lines remind me of the old lines of power that used to link the Lizardmen temple cities to each other so the slann could communicate/share power across the geomantic web. Maybe the lines are routes of travel through space? Or links between the new Seraphon home worlds/home stars/giant temple city spaceships?

Or it could just be some art filler to use up space.

3. Jorgik
    Carnasaur

Jorgik Well-Known Member

I think it said in WD the y represented a battle formation. If I'm right the bifid skink priest symbol will probably represent a formation made up of skinks lead by a oracle/skink starseer. And so on

4. little-myth
    Carnasaur

Just had a flick through the WD and read about the constellations, I don't see any of the symbols. @Jorgik Where does this says this?

I'm starting to believe that it's just part of the fancy art but then we still have missing Skink Chiefs, Jungle Swarms, the Stalker and the Prophet.

:)
    The symbols may do actually refer to the Starhosts, yet I think there are less Hosts than symbols, need to recount the symbols scattered around.

Well as an overall, it could mean anything, I may run this by the manager down at the workshop, see if he knows.

5. Jorgik
    Carnasaur

Jorgik Well-Known Member

Here it is, from WD number 92 page 18. The little symbols you said are on the top left corner. Hope they arenĀ“t too blurry :eek: IMAG1411.jpg

6. little-myth
    Carnasaur

@Jorgik Thanks, I'm having issues finding matches from the ones from pg. 16-19 of the actual book. I'm lost now really *laughs*

7. Jorgik
    Carnasaur

Jorgik Well-Known Member

No problem ;)

8. spawning of Bob
    Skar-Veteran

spawning of Bob Well-Known Member

The last one, the circle, must be the Spawning of Bob eggshell symbol. They have finally acknowledged my contribution.